Biological and Environmental Engineering Collection Policy
subject description and guidelines
- The Libraries seek to support research and instruction in the areas of biological engineering and environmental engineering. The four major areas of scholarship are in this discipline are biological engineering, environmental engineering, food and bioprocess engineering and industrial biotechnology.
- The collection is developed primarily for the faculty, staff and students of the Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering. The graduate field of Biological and Environmental Engineering offers career development in both fundamental and applied biological engineering research on Cornell’s Ithaca and Geneva campuses. Undergraduate students usually enter the biological engineering or environmental engineering major as members of either the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences or the College of Engineering.
- Overall, the collecting goals for Biological and environmental engineering are suitable for dissertation-level research and undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate education. The following topics are collected at this research level: molecular bioengineering, nucleic acid engineering, physiological engineering, microbial fuel cells, bioenergetics and stress factors, energy systems engineering, controlled-environment agriculture, soil and water engineering, biomechanics, food process engineering, metabolic engineering, and micro-bioreactors.
- English is the primary language of the collection. Materials in other languages are acquired as requested.
- Biological and Environmental Engineering as a discipline emphasize scholarly communication through academic and specialized journals. Scholarly, trade monographs and serials, textbooks and data sets are also collected.
- Albert R. Mann Library
- Biological and Environmental Engineering (BEE)
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (CHEME)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
- Food Science (FOOD)
- Biological and Environmental Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Toxicology
- Food Science and Technology
- Kennedy, Sarah - Collection Development & Digital Collections Librarian, Mann Library
related library subject collection