Charles W. Wason Collection on East Asia – Chinese Studies Collection Policy
subject description and guidelines
- The Charles W. Wason Collection on East Asia secures and preserves materials on China in all languages and formats regardless of published or non-published. The Collection focuses on subjects in social sciences and humanities.
- The Charles W. Wason Collection serves the faculty and students in the following academic units: • East Asian Program • Department of Asian Studies • China and Asia-Pacific Studies Program • Law School’s Clarke Program in East Asian Law and Culture • Cornell-China Institutes for Arts and the Humanities in the Department of Theatre, Film, and Dance • Asian American Studies Program • FALCON Program
- China’s geographical areas covered by the Charles W. Wason Collection include: • Mainland China • Taiwan • Hong Kong • Macao
areas of significant geographic coverage
- Materials in Chinese and English for subjects in social sciences and humanities are collected selectively at the research level. Materials in other languages are acquired as demand warrants.
- The holdings of the Charles W. Wason Collection on China cover all the historical periods of China from the dawn of the Chinese civilization (3000 BC) up to the 21st century.
- The Charles W. Wason collection collects materials in all formats. Monographs, serials, manuscripts, pamphlets, dissertations, theses, and conference papers are in print, electronic, and microform formats. Maps, audio, and video are collected selectively.
- Carl A. Kroch Library
- Library Annex
- Olin Library
special collections or noteworthy resources in the field
- Kroch Library Southeast Asia Collection (materials on ethnic Chinese) Kroch Library South Asia Collection (materials on Tibet)
- Asian Studies (ASIAN)
- Asian American Studies Program
- East Asia Program
- Zheng, Liren - Curator and Adjunct Assistant Professor