"Arab Barometer is a central resource for quantitative research on the Middle East"
2019 UNESCO Institute of Statistics [browse by country—Education & Literacy]
Arab Human Development Reports (AHDR) - United Nations Development Programme. 2016. Youth; 2009. Human Security; 2005. Gender; 2004.
Indexes & Guides
- OFFSTATS: Official Statistics on the Web bySearchable by country, by world region, and by topic. The world regions list is particularly valuable, and the site is well-maintained.
- Statistics SourcesCall Number: Olin Reference Z 7551.S79 (available at Reference Desk)A country-by-country guide to statistics sources for a wide variety of topics. Lists statistics-gathering bodies and, in many cases, specific publications.
The Yearbook of International Religious Demography presents an annual snapshot of the state of religious statistics around the world (past, present, and future) in sets of tables and scholarly articles spanning social science, demography, history, and geography. [2015: 2016]
2016 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report - ScholarlyCommons [Top Think Tanks in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA)->Table 13, p. 70].
The Foreign Official Gazette database (FOG) contains records for approximately 650 official gazette titles from countries outside the United States. It serves as a “union list” of holdings within the major collections residing in North America, encompassing both CRL holdings as well as the holdings of five other major libraries.
- The Arab World, Turkey, and the Balkans (1878-1914): a handbook of historical statisticsCall Number: Olin Reference HA4556 .M47 +Statistics on the Ottoman state, provinces, and people during 1878-1914. Contains selective statistics "published by the Ottoman government or drawn from the Ottoman archives" (preface).
- International Historical Statistics: Africa, Asia, and Oceania 1750-1993Call Number: Olin Reference HA4675 .M552x 1998Presents comparative statistics for 80 African and Asian countries (including Cyprus, Turkey, and the Near East), derived from official governmental and intergovernmental publications, and supplemented by unofficial sources. Dates of coverage vary, but the majority of tables begin during the first half of the 19th century. Topics include climate, population, labor force, agriculture, industry, external trade, transport and communications, finance, prices, education, and national accounts.
- Ottoman Population, 1830-1914 byCall Number: Call Number: olin Oversize HB3633.4.A3 K18 +ISBN: 0299091600Publication Date: 1985-02-01
General Statistics (Misc.)
- Middle East & North Africa | Data [worldbank.org]
- Middle East and North Africa - World Bank Group
- Information by Country - Middle East and North Africa - MENA | UNICEF
- Sources of Statistics - Middle East and North Africa
- Middle East & North Africa country statistics | University of Oxford
- Middle East (Middle East and North Africa) Economic Statistics
- Expats in Middle East - Statistics and Trends [Infographic] - GO-Gulf
- Data & Statistics - Middle East & Islamic Studies - LibGuides at Duke
- International Statistics: Middle East and North Africa
- Demographics : Middle East & North Africa / Thomas Schrott; Wolfgang Taucher; Peter Webinger; Alexander Schahbasi; Mathias Vogl. Vienna: Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior, 2018. (37 pages, maps ; Regiones et res publicae : country analysis reports, 6)
- Find Middle East & North Africa Data
- Middle East Internet Statistics, Population [internetworldstats.com]
- Data and Statistics - Middle East Studies and Research @ Pitt
- Middle-East Students Use University Websites / Kumail Hemani
- Syria, Iraq & Afghanistan : Mapping migration, social media and topography / Authors: Wolfgang Taucher - Mathias Vogl - Peter Webinger Published by: Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior Date: 2017. 71 pages. ISBN: 9783950364392
The Arab world in seven charts: Are Arabs turning their backs on religion?
International & Supranational Organizations (Statistics)
For more sources besides those listed here, see these guides:
- Arab Human Development ReportCall Number: Print version: Olin Library Oversize HC498.A1 A73 +Published by the United Nations, these reports cover statistics related to: demographics, social indicators, economic indicators, infrastructure, and the environment.
- Arabstats byArabstats is "a repository of statistical indicators for human development in the region. They concern governance and Arab progress toward the millennial goals set by the international community for all developing countries" (web site).
- Gender and Citizenship Initiative byIncludes country profiles covering women in public life, statistics, UN conventions, publications, and web sites.
- Statistical Record of Women Worldwide byCall Number: Olin Reference HQ1150 .S73x 1995
- USAID Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC)USAID funded technical and program documentation. Search reports by subjects and/or country.
- The World’s Women, 1970-1990 : trends and statistics. byCall Number: Olin Library HQ1154 .W921 1991 +"Presents statistics on women in 207 countries and areas. Introduction summarizes the United Nations' main findings on trends and future directions in women's status. Six chapters provide summaries, charts, graphs, and statistical tables on population, women and men in families, health, education and communication, work, and human rights and political decision-making. Age of data varies; some figures in the 2000 edition go back to 1990, although more recent numbers are also presented. Appendixes list countries covered and statistical sources." (Guide to Reference)
- The World’s Women, 2005: progress in statistics. byCall Number: Olin Reference HQ1154 .W95 2006 +First published in 1991 and available every 5 years. The focus of this report is "on the state of national statistics useful for addressing gender concerns...reviews the current availability of data and assesses progress made in the provision of gender statistics during the past 30 years" (preface). Areas covered: population, households and families; health; education and training; work; violence against women; poverty, decision-making and human rights.