- CERIS CERIS (The Consortium for Educational Resources on Islamic Studies) gathers and links resources that will help users better understand Islam and the Islamic world. CERIS,a collaboration of academic, non-profit, and religious organizations in the tri-state area (Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia), is based out of 4100 Posvar Hall. Pitt is a member of CERIS.
- Berita Database: Hosted by Ohio University Libraries, this indexes books, book chapters, journal aricles, conference paperss and upublished resources for Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and Asean Nations.
- International Historical Statistics... Provides statistical data for the last 250 years (where applicable) for every country in the world. Separate volumes cover Europe, the Americas, and Africa, Asia and Oceania. Includes a guide to some of the major statistical sources for each country under "Official Sources". --International historical statistics : Africa, Asia & Oceania, 1750-2000 Olin Reference HA4675 .M552x 2003 +
Indexes and Portal - Accessible
- Index Islamicus
- Index Islamicus is an international bibliography of publications in European languages covering all aspects of Islam and the Muslim world, including history, beliefs, societies, cultures, languages, and literature. The database includes material published by Western orientalists, social scientists and Muslims. [Tutorial: For an explanation how BrillOnline’s personal tools and advanced search options work].
- Islamic Book Review Index Olin Library BP161.2 .I79 An annual publication which indexes reviews of books written about the Middle East. Cornell has volumes : 1-11 only (1985-1992).
- United Nations: Statistics Resource GuideProvides links to major organizations and institutes and to relevant documents and databases. It also highlights the collections of the UNOG Library and UNCTAD on the topic of statistics - both print and online resources (books, articles, journals, and databases). Many of these resources contain full-text documents. In addition, key websites and web feeds (RSS) have been selected by your UNOG librarians to help you to keep up-to-date on this subject.
- Statistics SourcesA country-by-country guide to statistics sources for a wide variety of topics. Lists statistics-gathering bodies and, in many cases, specific publications. Also available in print, Olin Library Ready Reference Z 7551.S79. Shelved at the Reference Desk.