Specialized Bibliographies & Guides
- Blacks in American Films and Television: An Encyclopedia. Bogle, Donald. New York: Garland, 1988. Olin stacks PN 1998.9 N4 B672; also Africana Ref
- Contains brief critical analyses of black-oriented films and television programs in America.Divided into three major sections: 1) Movies, 2) Television, and 3) Profiles. Entries are arranged alphabetically within each section. The Movie section emphasizes mainstream American films but does include some race movies and other films not familiar to the mass audience. (Introduction) Does not cover documentary films. An index and selected bibliography are included.
- Films For, By and About Women. Sullivan, Kaye. 2 vols. Metuchen: Scarecrow, 1980, 1985. Olin Ref Z 7962 S95
- An annotated bibliography, listing films, film sources and women film makers. Film annotationsinclude date of release, running time, whether it appears in color or black and white, and names of director, screenwriter and producer. Some slides, videotapes, and 8mm films and film strips are included, but the majority of items are 16mm films. Volume II updates and complements volume 1. A subject listing at the back of both volumes is very useful.
- Literature and Film: An Annotated Bibliography, 1909-1977. Welch, Jeffrey Egan. New York: Garland, 1981. Library Annex Z 5784 M9 W43
______________. Literature and Film: An Annotated Bibliography, 1978-1988. New York: Garland, 1993. Library Annex Z 5784 M9 W375x 1993
- Oxford Bibliographies. Cinema and Media Studies. Krin Gabbard,ed.-in-chief. Oxford : Oxford University Press.
- Provides peer-reviewed annotated bibliographies on film history, television studies, media studies, critical theory, visual arts, cultural studies, digital culture, game studies, popular culture, and the study of the moving image. Bibliographies are browseable by subject area and keyword searchable.