Finding and accessing specific collections

Specific collections in eCommons can be difficult to find. Here are direct links to a couple of heavily-used collections, as well as instructions for navigating to them from the eCommons home page.

Undergraduate honors theses

Includes collections for the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Human Ecology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Art, Architecture and Planning, College of Engineering, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, and other programs. Program coordinators interested in distributing and archiving honoes theses are invited to contact us.

Biological Sciences Honors Program theses

Theses produced by students in this program may be in one of the following collections:

You may also want to try searching using the phrase "Biological sciences honors program."

Dissertations and theses from the Cornell University Graduate School

To get there: Browse Communities and Collections, and select Cornell University Graduate School.

Please note: pre-2004 theses are generally unavailable in eCommons unless a digitization request is made, and recent theses may be embargoed at the author's request. Theses and dissertations are embargoed by their authors at the time of submission, and eCommons staff cannot provide access to them.

Print copies of Cornell theses and dissertations are available for loan; search the Library Catalog to locate them. Print copies of dissertations may be available for purchase from ProQuest, depending on the year of publication. Additional help on locating theses and dissertations is available.

Restricted access content

While most content in eCommons is openly accessible, there are some common exceptions, including:

  • Theses and dissertations or other content with an embargo (delayed access)
  • Content licensed by the library, which for contractual reasons, can be accessed only by individuals affiliated with Cornell.

Users encountering a restricted access item may request item by clicking the link to the restricted file(s) and completing the request form. If we have contact information for a Cornell author, we will contact the author and request permission to provide access. If we do not have contact information for a Cornell author, or the author denies or does not respond to our inquiry, we will not be able to provide access.

In the case of Cornell-licensed content, we are unable to provide access to unaffiliated individuals.