Tools to help you access eBooks
- PasskeyPassKey is a "bookmarklet" designed to give Cornell community members access to licensed library resources while they are away from campus. Use it to get beyond paywalls--it prompts you for your CU credentials to get into licensed ebooks & databases. Works in most browsers & on iPads.
- IF YOU DONT FIND WHAT YOU NEED ONLINEIf you don't find what you need in electronic format, use this link to submit a purchase request. We'll look in all the hard-to-find places for you and if it does exist in electronic form, we can try to purchase access. Let us know what you need & we'll discuss options!
Art & Architecture ePortal
The Art & Architecture ePortal is a collection of key backlist and out-of-print scholarly works in the fields of art and architectural history published by: The Art Institute of Chicago, The MIT Press, Yale University Press, Harvard Art Museums, and the Yale University Art Gallery.
The portal allows browsing of all images (by artist, title, or date)
Instructors may easily create custom coursepacks.
Licensed eBook & journal Collections
- Wiley Online LibraryProvides full text access to journals, reference works, books, and databases published by Wiley. 70+ books on art & applied arts. Also ebooks on archaeology, architecture, literature, philosophy...
The Art Institute of Chicago has released catalogues on the work of Monet and Renoir. The Smithsonian Institution’s Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery has a catalogue on The World of the Japanese Illustrated Book, which sits nicely alongside LACMA’s catalogue on Southeast Asian Art. Other titles include Dutch Paintings of the Seventeenth Century from the National Gallery of Art; The Rauschenberg Research Project from SFMOMA; Discover the Chinese Painting & Calligraphy Collection at the Seattle Art Museum; The Tates’s The Camden Town Group in Context; and the Living Collections Catalogue from the Walker Art Center.
Free eBooks from Guggenheim Museum (via Internet Archive)
Five decades of Metropolitan Museum publications, downloadable, for free.
National Gallery of Art Online Editions
See especially: French paintings of the fifteenth through eighteenth centuries
Getty Publications Virtual Library: Free digital backlist titles from the Getty Publications Archive.
Canadian Online Art Book Project (original works commissioned by the Art Canada Institute)
Free eBook Collections
- Hathi Trust Digital LibraryAs a digital repository for the nation's great research libraries, HathiTrust brings together the immense collections of partner institutions. It was initially conceived as a collaboration of the thirteen universities of the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, the University of California system, and the University of Virginia to establish a repository for those universities to archive and share their digitized collections, and quickly expanded to include additional partners with fast growing treasure of digitized collections.
- Open Access eBooks on JSTORMore than 2,500 Open Access ebooks are now available at no cost to libraries or users. These titles reflect JSTOR’s high standards for quality content and are freely available for anyone in the world to use. Users won’t need to register or log in, and there are no DRM restrictions or limits on chapter PDF downloads or printing.