This guide provides links to licensed document databases (restricted to the Cornell community or on-campus use), freely available web sources, and the print and microform holdings in Olin Library and the Library Annex. With the exception of the licensed document databases, the Government Documents in the library are available to the general public.
Cornell University Library subscribes to a number of document databases (licensed for the campus community) that provide deep backfiles and cross-searching capabilities. In addition, Olin Library has sets of print federal government documents available to the general public.
Olin Library is one of three Federal Depository Libraries at Cornell, along with the Law Library and Mann Library. Access to online government information is available through the Cornell Library Online Catalog, Govinfo, and Congress.gov.
CU Subscription Resources (Cornell, only)
- CQ AlmanacAnnual summary of federal legislation, pointing to relevant bills, reports, and amendments. Includes key votes, roll call votes and vote studies.
- ProQuest Congressional PublicationsFor best results, select the Advanced Search.
- Proquest Legislative InsightLegislative histories of public laws/statutes.
- Proquest Regulatory InsightRegulatory Insight contains administrative law histories organized by public law.
- NexisUniSelect Menu (top, left), Sources, Jurisdiction, Category
- American State Papers
1789 - 1816
- Serial Set
1817 -- (print holdings end in 2013)
- Journals of the Continental Congress / Congressional Globe/ Congressional Record
- Public Papers of the Presidents
- Statutes at Large / United States Code
- Federal Register / Code of Federal Regulations
- United States Reports
- Declassified Documents
- Readex Government Documents Microform sets