- Access World newsUS newspapers and some international sources. Note: For the NYT, Washington Post, or Wall Street journal, see entries below.
Access World News also includes BBC Selected News Articles from countries around the world.To search papers from individual countries, select
Sources: A to Z:
Use the pull-down menu to select "location"
Enter the country name.
Select papers to search.
- Nexis Uni -- News SourcesIncludes the New York Times.
Use the Guided News search and filter results.
For non-U.S. news, go the top left, select Menu -->All Sources;
Continue to filter to the region and country of interest.
Search all papers from that country, or check for information about the papers under the 3-vertical dot menu and Add to Search.
Note: To find editorials, add AND section (editorial or opinion) to your keywords.
To find newspaper accounts of public opinion or public opinion polls add, AND (public opinion OR poll) to your search terms.
Please note: You do not need to register with Nexis Uni to search or download content. Registering with a database will always carry privacy risks.
- Ethnic NewsWatchCoverage: 1960 to date in two cross-searchable files. Plain text and PDF. English and Spanish.
- Proquest Historical NewspapersFor best results, select the Advanced Search. Scroll down to choose Document types. If you wish, use the date limits on the right to restrict your results to a particular date range.
- Financial Times/FT.comAccess funded by the Library and others.
From the catalog record, follow the link to set up your free account. All faculty, students, and staff have access.The default edition is the “International Edition.” You can switch to the UK Edition on the ft.com homepage.
- FactivaFull-text online service for international news and business information.
Note: the home page opens to the current day's news from the Wall Street Journal, among others (with a drop-down menu to dates over the past week). Use the Search link from the homepage navigation bar to search all news sources from all available dates.
Please note: Our subscription does not include all of the content available in Factiva. In some cases, may see a message that says the library does not have access to a specific newspaper.
- Washington Post, 2014 - CurrentFrom the catalog record, follow the link to "find online versions of this title." We have coverage from a number of vendors. Check the dates of coverage.
- BBC MonitoringRound-the-clock monitoring of TV, radio, press, internet and news agencies from around the world from primarily open media sources.
Ability to provide "the words as spoken" -- accurate and impartial translations of what leading figures have said.
Access via the Factiva database. From the Factiva home page navigation bar, open Search. In the Source field, enter BBC Monitoring
- Times of London Digital ArchiveFull-text and full-image articles from the Times of London for the years 1785-2006. It is a digital reproduction, cover to cover, of the paper in PDF files.