Searching the library catalog
- From the library homepage, enter some key words, or a title, and select "catalog" from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively,to start your search in the catalog, leave the search window empty and select catalog from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of results in the catalog, you can use the filters on the left to narrow your search
- From the library catalog, select the Library Catalog, Advanced Search.
- Combine keywords and phrases.
- Add alternate terms to broaden your search, and select the pulldown menu to select "any."
Expand or filter your search:
- Open catalog records to view summaries, table-of-contents, and subject heading links
- Follow subject-heading links.
- Or, add subject headings to your search and use the pull-down menu to select "Subject Browse"
The Library Catalog, Advanced Search
Searching by title
- From the library homepage, go to the library catalog.
- The "All Fields" search will generally work well, but the dropdown menu provides additional options to search by title, journal title, title begins with, along with other options
Note: Title searches can be finicky. It's often helpful to leave out punctuation like colons or simply enter the beginning part of the title.