Searching the library catalog
Start your search:
- From the library homepage, follow the link to the library catalog
- Enter some keywords.
- Or, select the Advanced Search.
- Combine keywords and phrases.
- Add alternate terms to broaden your search, and select the pulldown menu to select "any."
e.g. women gender [any]
Expand or filter your search:
- Open catalog records to view summaries, table-of-contents, and subject heading links
- Follow subject-heading links.
- Or, add subject headings to your search and use the pull-down menu to select "Subject Browse"
Library Catalog, Advanced Search
Searching by title
- From the library homepage, go to the library catalog.
- The "All Fields" search will generally work well, but the dropdown menu provides additional options to search by title, journal title, title begins with, along with other options
Note: Title searches can be finicky. It's often helpful to leave out punctuation like colons or simply enter the beginning part of the title.