Browse footnotes and bibliographies of books, encyclopedias, and articles for information about primary sources.
Search the Library Catalog for primary sources--both unpublished manuscripts and modern editions in print and online, sometimes in translation, of original primary medieval sources. Use the guided keyword search with terms like:
- personal narrative
- Hearth: Home economics archive--research, tradition and historyA selection of core electronic collection of books and journals in Home Economics and related disciplines published between 1850 and 1950.
- The Sixties: primary documents and personal narratives 1960-1974.Diaries, letters, autobiographies and other memoirs, written and oral histories, manifestos, government documents, memorabilia, and scholarly commentary on the arts, music, and leisure, civil rights, counter-culture, law and government, mass media, new left and emerging neo-conservative movement, student activism, Vietnam War, women’s movement, etc.
Selected Major Historical Newspapers
- ProQuest historical newspapersMajor North American newspapers like The New York Times and The Washington Post from the 19th century to recently.
- NewspaperArchiveRegional and local US newspapers and some international coverage.
- U.S. Congressional serial set (Online) 1817-1980Full text of all the reports, documents, and journals of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.
- ProQuest CongressionalIndexes information produced by or pertaining to the United States Congress from 1789 to the present. Provides full text for many titles, generally from the early 1990’s to the present. Includes bills, laws, legislative histories, committee prints, House and Senate documents and reports, the Congressional Record, Code of Federal Regulations, and Federal Register. Includes full text of Congressional Research Service reports, 1916-present; full text of Congressional hearings, 1824-2003; full text of Committee Prints, 1830-2003; and full text of the Serial Set Collection with Maps, 1789-1969. For a complete description of contents, coverage, and update frequency, consult the online Help section.