Hathi Trust Digital Library
Cornell's membership in the Hathi Trust Digital Library allows searching full text of recent copyrighted materials as well as pdfs of older public domain works. Very useful!
- WorldcatA world catalog of books, manuscripts, recordings, etc.
- Center for Research Libraries CatalogThe CRL catalog consists of the online public access catalog (OPAC) of the Center for Research Libraries in Chicago, Illinois, which collects research materials not targeted by other North American research institutions. Tabbed sections include basic and advanced search, search tips, and advice on requesting materials.
Library Home & Catalog
The search box on the library homepage searches all library systems--the catalogs, articles, and library websites.
The library catalog contains all of the holdings of all Cornell University libraries including records for books, ebooks, DVD's/videos, sound recordings, magazines/newspapers/journals, online journals/newspapers, computer files, government documents, manuscripts and archives, maps, musical scores, and more. Everything but articles!
From the list of results, you can "Limit your search" by format, language, year, and more.
"Looking for More?" From the list of results, select "Request from libraries worldwide" (Worldcat Local).
The advanced search allows for more precision, offering multiple search boxes and search options. The drop down menus with each search box allow you to specify whether you want to search "all" terms, "any" term, "begins with," or terms as phrases. The next drop-down menu allows you to specify where to search for the terms -- in the Author, Title, Keyword, Subject, etc.
Requesting Books from Elsewhere
- For BOOKS already checked out, or that Cornell doesn't have: Borrow Direct
Books arrive in 3-4 business days.
- For items (books, articles, microfilm) Cornell doesn't have: Interlibrary Loan Services
Items can arrive in as little as a few days to a couple of weeks.
- For items at another campus library or the Library Annex
Use the "Request" button in the Library Catalog and choose Library to Library Delivery.