Components of the Generic Strategy Section
Components of the Generic Strategy section include the following:
- State the generic strategy (differentiation, cost leadership, focused differentiation or focused cost leadership) that your company follows and explain your assertion
- How does your company's strategy compare to competitors?
- In what direction is your company moving? - What is driving your company's direction?
- What should the company be doing regarding its strategic direction?
Where do I look?
Hints and Tips
It will be difficult to answer this question without taking into account the company's industry. Consider using Porter's Five Forces to understand the company's position in the Industry, and why they have made the strategic decisions that they have.
Porter's Five Forces Model
Can my company have multiple strategies?
- Not really. In the extremely unlikely event that they do, pick one strategy and build an argument for that strategy.
Getting help with the assignment
- First and foremost, please watch the videos available in this guide. They will show you how to use the resources, and therefore find the information you need.
- If you need clarifications on the assignment, such as ratios or what each section means, please ask your TAs
- For questions about resources and research, Please visit the NEED HELP? page on this guide.