More Hospitality Industry Guides
Use these resources to access market research about wine consumers.
- SimplyAnalyticsWeb-based mapping application to create thematic maps and reports using demographic, business, and marketing data for the United States. Create maps that include information like how much the average household spends on alcoholic beverages at restaurants in a given zip code. Select Variables --> Consumer Expenditures 2010 --> Alcoholic Beverages --> then Wine At Home or Away from Home. Then select a geography. You can also then overlap pin-points of businesses that sell wine and/or other alcoholic beverages.
- PassportExcellent resource for industries, countries, markets, and products. Market research reports, statistics, and analyst reports cover consumer market sizes, country market data, forecasts, consumer lifestyles, companies and brands, and many product & location specific reports. Search for wine and select a geographic location from the options on the left vertical toolbar to view consumption statistics, market sizes, brand shares, import and export rates, and more. Analyst articles summarize trends related to wine preferences.
- Mintel AcademicOffers yearly market research reports covering UK, Europe, US and International consumer markets for products, markets and demographics. Users are required to set up a personal profile with a log in and password. Analysis includes market sizes and forecasts, market trends, market segmentation, competitive context, broken down segment performances, retail channels, consumer demographics and survey results, leading companies, brand share, marketing strategies, and more. Relevant reports include Wine (US), Still, Sparkling and Fortified Wine (UK), Wine Tourism in North America, On-premise Alcohol Consumption Trends (US), Wine (Europe), and more .
- StatistaStatista provides access to statistics and studies gathered by market researchers, trade organizations, scientific publications, and government sources on over 600 industries. Includes data about wine consumers and preferences.
- Business Source CompleteProvides full-text access to academic and trade publications, including more than 1,800 peer-reviewed journals. Search for Wine Industry Report to view reports about the Wine industry in various countries and detailed reports about wine sales, production, production, and wineries in the US. You can also search for articles about wine trends, consumer preferences, research studies, wine news, and more. Search for wine and consum* to view relevant articles and market research reports.
- Who's Buying Alcoholic and Nonalcoholic Beverages byCall Number: Nestle: HD9348.U5 W46Publication Date: 2013Who's Buying Alcoholic and Nonalcoholic Beverages is based on unpublished data collected by the Bureau of Labor Statistics' 2010 Consumer Expenditure Survey. It examines how much Americans spend on alcoholic and other beverages by the demographics that count—age, income, high-income households, household type, race and Hispanic origin, region of residence, and education. It looks at who buys beer, wine, whiskey, and other alcoholic beverages at home, on trips, and at restaurants and bars.
- Wine Marketing and Sales byCall Number: Geneva: HD9375 .W34 2010Publication Date: 2010This completely revised and updated edition to the bestselling book puts the vast bank of wine marketing knowledge within reach of industry novices, and fresh, practical and powerful strategies into the hands of veteran brand managers and marketing professionals, with 100 pages of new and expanded material in such topics as importing and exporting, logistical management, marketing your tasting room and wine region as a prime tourist destination, how to generate greater retail sales, and how to grab the benefits, while avoiding the dangers, of Wine 2.0, social networking and viral marketing.