Resources for Food Processors and Distributors
- Associated New York State Food Processors
- Food Processing Related Resources from Agricultural Marketing Resource Center
- Kitchen Gardeners -Nonprofit founded in Maine, empowering individuals, families, and communities to achieve greater levels of food self-reliance through the promotion of kitchen gardening, home-cooking, and sustainable local food systems.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Nelson Farms -Located in Cazenovia, NY. Provides entrepreneurial agri-business opportunities for specialty food processors, farmers, growers, and producers. Opportunities include: processing/co-packing, product development, dairy incubator, distribution, marketing and sales.
- Niche Meat Processor Assistance Network -NMPAN is a national network of people and organizations creating and supporting appropriate-scale meat processing infrastructure for niche meat markets. NMPAN assists processors, producers, buyers, regulators, and others involved in this growing sector by coordinating, distributing, and developing information and resources to improve access to processing infrastructure and the long-term stability of this sector.
- NYS Small Scale Food Processors Association
Food Laws, Safety and Regulations
- Food Emergency Response Network (FERN) integrates the nation's food-testing laboratories at the local, state, and federal levels into a network that is able to respond to emergencies involving biological, chemical, or radiological contamination of food.
- FoodSafety.gov -gateway to federal food safety information.
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) for Education and Training -food safety related info.
- FDA Guidance, Compliance & Regulatory Information -Food compliance programs, labeling guides, and other guidance documents
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service -Regulations & Policies
- NYS Dept. Ag & Markets Division of Food Safety and Inspection, including NYS Food Safety Rules and Regulations
- Chef's Collaborative -Nonprofit network of chefs that fosters a sustainable food system through advocacy, education, and collaboration with the broader food community.
- Cornell Small Farms Program Resources including Marketing and Business Management resources
- CulinaryIncubator.com Site for helping entrepreneurs find a place to produce their food product. Goal is to help entrepreneurs find a kitchen quickly and easily, and for kitchen owners to get tenants to keep them operating. Includes list of things to consider when choosing a kitchen.
- Lead NY Program -Leadership program for individuals working in the food and agricultural industry.
- New York State Small Business Development Center
- Cornell Food Venture Center
- Other LibGuide Business Resources
Food Science & Processing Resources at Cornell
- Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park Research and development park, adjacent to Cornell Ag. Exp. Station in Geneva, New York. Offers opportunity for multi-disciplinary collaboration with Cornell faculty
- Cornell Food Processing & Development Laboratory Research and extension assistance in all aspects of food product development and processing.