Agricultural Law and Regulatory Resources
- Agricultural Marketing Resource Center - AMRC legal and AMRC regulatory resources
- Community Garden Legal Toolkit -Legal resources for establishing community gardens on vacant land owned by individuals or other private entities (including nonprofits). Describes the rights and responsibilities of the landowner, the sponsoring organization, and gardeners.
- Cornell Small Farms Program offers a variety of useful SFP resources, including:
- Guide to Farming in NYS: What Every Ag Entrepreneur Needs to Know -Essential resource for new and existing farmers alike, providing answers to questions about taxes, business planning, labor law, zoning, regulations, marketing and many other topics.
- Farmers' Legal Action Group (FLAG) A nonprofit law center dedicated to providing legal services to family farmers and their rural communities in order to help keep family farmers on the land.
- New England Small Farm Institute - NESFI legal and NESFI regulatory Resources.
- Meat, Poultry and Egg Product Inspection Directory List of establishments (and addresses) that produce meat, poultry, and/or egg products regulated by USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS)
- National Center for Agricultural Law Research and Information -Extensive list of ag and food law resources, including those relating local food systems and national organic program.
- NY Farm Bureau Resources -includes fact sheets relating to agriculture regulation and laws.
- NYS Agriculture and Markets Law -choose AGM: Agriculture & Markets from index
- Regulations, Taxes and Legal Issues Information from Beginning Farmers Resource Center
- USDA Laws and Regulations index page
Food Laws, Safety and Regulations
- Food Emergency Response Network (FERN) integrates the nation's food-testing laboratories at the local, state, and federal levels into a network that is able to respond to emergencies involving biological, chemical, or radiological contamination of food.
- FoodSafety.gov -gateway to federal food safety information.
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) for Education and Training -food safety related info.
- FDA Guidance, Compliance & Regulatory Information -Food compliance programs, labeling guides, and other guidance documents
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service -Regulations & Policies
- NYS Dept. Ag & Markets Division of Food Safety and Inspection, including NYS Food Safety Rules and Regulations