These tools will help you find associations in your interest area. Some of the tools also allow you to research the financial health and management of a member organization or non-profit entity.
Associations UnlimitedContains information for approximately 460,000 international and U.S. national, regional, state, and local nonprofit membership organizations in all fields, including IRS data on U.S. 501(c) nonprofit organizations. For some 2,600 major U.S. national associations, provides full-text association materials such as brochures, pamphlets, and membership application forms.
Guidestar PremiumSearchable directory that provides detailed information on more than 850,000 nonprofit (501) organizations. Profiles cover mission and programs, financials, leaders, and most importantly, full text via PDF of the charity's IRS 990 filing from 1998 forward in most cases. Form 990 provides information on revenues, expenses, programs, activities, executive salaries and board members. The database contains significant free content. Access to some free content requires registration. Additional premium content is available at the ILR Library. Please ask for assistance at the ILR Reference Desk.
IRS Tax StatisticsHere you will find a wide range of tables, articles, and data that describe and measure elements of the U.S. tax system. This data is extremely useful for scholarly and policy research.
Leadership ConnectFormerly Leadership Library, Leadership Connect allows searching and browsing within individual directories or across all directories using single or multiple criteria, such as name, job title, industry, and geographical location.
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance (APALA)APALA is a national organization of Asian Pacific American union members affiliated with the AFL-CIO; the organization organizes and works with Asian Pacific American workers, many of them immigrants, to build the labor movement and address exploitative conditions. Their web site contains information about their activities, a directory of chapters, and news about issues of interest.
- EurofoundEurofound, the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, is a European Union body, one of the first to be established to work in specialised areas of EU policy. Specifically, it was set up by the European Council (Council Regulation (EEC) No. 1365/75 of 26 May 1975), to contribute to the planning and design of better living and working conditions in Europe.
- European Union Official WebsiteA coordinated effort by EU institutions under the auspices of the Commission. Includes information on the EU's goals, policies and agendas, 'On the Record' official EU documents, links to EU homepages, online publications, services and statistics. Good place to start EU research on the web.
- International Association for Human Resource Information ManagementMembership information. Conference information. Management Resources Center with information on intranets, job descriptions, salaries. White papers. Buyer's Guide. Links to other Internet resources. Keyword searching ability is forthcoming. Not as extensive as the SHRM site, but it looks like they are working towards that with many areas "under construction."
- International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)The International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) is the main international trade union organisation, representing the interests of working people worldwide. The ITUC was founded at its inaugural Congress in Vienna, Austria, on 1 -3 November 2006. It groups together the former affiliates of the International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU) and the World Confederation of Labour (WCL), along with trade union organisations which had no global affiliation. Its web site, which can be read in English, French, German, or Spanish, contains its documents and publications on child labour, equality, globalisation & economic affairs, multinational enterprises, health & safety, organising, trade union rights, and trade & labor standards.
- International Labor Communications Association (ILCA)ILCA is the professional organization for labor journalists & communicators in North America; current web site offerings include educational materials on writing, photography and a list of ILCA members.
- International Labour OrganizationThe International Labour Organization (ILO) promotes rights at work, encourages decent employment opportunities, enhances social protection and strengthens dialogue in handling work-related issues.
- International Public Management AssociationIssues important to public sector managers and employees. Center for Personnel Research provides sample policies and other guidance to members, but non-members can view samples such as "NYS Internet Acceptable Use." Government Affairs, Training, and Global HR are among other topics. Benchmarking information for members.
- International Statistical Institute (ISI)"The ISI mission is to promote the understanding, development and good practice of statistics worldwide."
- Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA)LCLAA is the official Latino constituency group of the AFL-CIO, and works towards greater participation of Hispanics within the labor movement and for better working conditions for all Latino workers. Their web site keeps you up-to-date with their activities and chapter events.
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)OECD brings together the governments of countries committed to democracy and the market economy from around the world to: Support sustainable economic growth; Boost employment; Raise living standards; Maintain financial stability; Assist other countries' economic development; Contribute to growth in world trade; etc.
- Trade Union Advisory Committee (TUAC)The Trade Union Advisory Committee (TUAC) to the OECD is an interface for trade unions with the OECD. It is an international trade union organisation which has consultative status with the OECD and its various committees.
- United States Council for International BusinessPromotes open markets, competitiveness and innovation, sustainable development and corporate responsibility. Site provides access to its journal as well as policy papers.
- World Employment ConfederationTrade organization representing the global employment industry (formerly International Confederation of Private Employment Agencies).
- World Federation of People Management Associations (WFPMA)The WFPMA is a global network of professionals in people management. It was founded in 1976 to aid the development and improve the effectiveness of professional people management all over the world. Its members are predominantly the continental federations which are made up of more than 70 national personnel associations representing over 400,000 people management professionals.
- World Federation of Trade UnionsProvides overview of issues affecting trade unions in the world.