Selected Databases: History
Once you find an article of interest, look for the "cite" button to find the citation.
- History of Science, Technology and MedicineProvides references to articles, books, and book chapters, on medical, scientific, and cultural/social histories of disease.
- America: History and LifeIdentifies articles, essays, books chapters and monographs on the history of the United States and Canada.
Note: This database allows you to search by era/time period. Scroll down to find these options.
- Historical AbstractsFinds articles published in journals, as well as book chapters and monographs on political and social history worldwide. Like its companion database, America: History and Life, this database allows you to search by era/time period.
Current articles in Science and Medicine
PubMed and Psycinfo also include a little "Cite" link to help you grab the citation for your assignments.
- PubMedExtremely current and comprehensive, this bibliographic database is managed by the National Library of Medicine. Includes many open access articles. In some cases, you can follow the "Get it!
Cornell" link to find the full-text in the Cornell library holdings.
- PsycinfoContains citations and summaries of the international literature in psychology and related behavioral and social sciences.
For ScienceDirect and Web of Science, below, look for the DOI: and pop that number into Zoterobib to get your citation.
- ScienceDirectAll full-text articles on a wide variety of science topics!
- Web of Science"Science" in the title is a bit misleading because this database also has a large number of references to social sciences and humanities material.
If you're having any trouble finding articles for your topic, give this database a try.