Welcome to the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) Library Guide. As a partner with WACCI, Cornell University's Mann Library provides research support and services for graduate students enrolled in the WACCI program. In addition to onsite training, we can provide research help, access to resources through Interlibrary Loan, and help with managing information and citations. If you are a current WACCI student, please feel free to contact us for information and research help.
The University of Ghana's Balme Library is also a tremendous resource for WACCI students. The library homepage, including contact information for librarians, is http://balme.ug.edu.gh/. WACCI students have access to a number of excellent online resources through Balme, including Scopus and Science Direct. A complete list of databases may be found at http://balme.ug.edu.gh/index.php/research-tools/databases-quick-a-z.
About this Guide
In this guide, you will find:
- Help using AGORA: AGORA, one of the Research4Life databases, is also available to WACCI students and at most of your home institutions. AGORA is another source of the important scholarly literature that you will need to do your research. This page of the guide provides some tips on finding articles using AGORA.
- Other online sources: There are many great, freely accessible sources of agricultural and scholarly information online. This page provides a list of links to open access scholarly literature, agricultural databases including scholarly articles and technical reports, and useful websites for information in agriculture and related fields.
- Agricultural Data and Statistics: In your research, you may find that you need data about crops, soil types, or other environmental variables. This page provides links to various sources of data, including geospatial data for mapping.
- Help with Interlibrary Loan (ILL): ILL is a service available to WACCI students. If you can't find an article in TEEAL or AGORA, you can request it from Mann Library through ILL. This page provides some guidance on using this service.
- Help with citation management: Managing all of the articles and research documents you find can be challenging. Mendeley is a great tool to help you get organized and to quickly cite sources as you write. This page provides some information about working with Mendeley.