Remote Access Guide and Troubleshooting
Remote Research Resources
- Passkey: Patrons should be encouraged to install Passkey if they're working off campus: Passkey Information Page.
- Library Catalog: Encourage students to begin their searches from the catalog.
- Google Scholar w/ Get It! Cornell: Patrons can adjust their settings so that Google Scholar search results include Get It! Cornell links:
- From the Google Scholar search page, click the "hamburger button" menu link in the upper left corner.
- Select "Settings" and then "Library Links"
- In the search bar, type, "Cornell" and click the box for "Cornell University - Get It! Cornell"
- Click the "Save" button.
- Now "Get It! Cornell" links will appear next to search results in Google Scholar
Troubleshooting Common Errors
- Passkey not working:
- The patron may be attempting to use Passkey on a site to which we do not subscribe. Direct them to the library catalog.
- Instruct the patron to clear their cache/browser history and restart their browser (this will close the chat window).
- Site recognizes Cornell affiliation, but no access provided
- Double check in the catalog that we should have access to the resource for the relevant time period.
- If it seems we should have access, inform the patron you will forward their problem to e-Resources and they will let them know when the issue is corrected. Use the Ticket icon in your chat window to make a ticket of your chat transcript and assign to the "E-Resources Troubleshooting" queue. Alternatively, you can send a note to e-Resources (email@example.com) describing the problem.