Course Reserves Policies
- Requesting reserves: Faculty should submit your request directly by either e-mailing the reserves staff (culreserves-L@cornell.edu) or submit your request via Canvas. Instructions for submitting course reserves on Canvas.
- Putting physical items on reserve: Our course reserves team will make every effort to purchase or license an accessible digital version. If that is not possible, the Library will make physical items available.
- Putting films on reserve:Our reserves team can digitize media for streaming on a course's Canvas site. Faculty can submit requests using the Digitization Request form. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Finding reserves: Students can locate course reserves from the following places:
- Their course's Canvas page.
- Searching by course name, number or instructor on the Cornell Reserves page.
- Physical reserves: Physical course reserves are available in Africana, Catherwood (self-serve), Law, Management (self-serve), Mann (self-serve), Math, Music, Olin (self-serve), Hotel, Uris, and Vet.
- At "Self-Serve" locations, students can use the books in the library without checking them out. If they wish to take the item out of the library, they should bring the book to the library's circulation desk to check out.
- Textbook Request Form: If a textbook is not on reserve, a student can request it using the Textbook Request Form.
- We will respond to students with links to textbooks available via BibliU and will purchase textbooks that are not available via BibliU
- This program is for undergraduates only
- Students who have never used ILL will be required to register in ILLiad; they should select Olin as their preferred location