Assign or forward the transcripts of all chat conversations with Tech patrons to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requesting Print Materials: Cornellians who are affiliated with the Tech campus will see delivery to Tech as an option in the library catalog. Books are checked out to patrons before they are shipped to Roosevelt Island. Patrons will receive an e-mail when their books arrives.
Borrow Direct / ILL: Tech patrons can use Borrow Direct but not ILL
Returning Print Materials: Patrons can return books at the security desk, at the entrance of the Bloomberg Center.
Scan It: Tech patrons have access to Scan It services.
Geneva Experiment Station
Requesting Print Materials:
- Current Geneva faculty, staff and students who have departmental mailboxes at NYSAES may request print materials from the catalog by selecting "Geneva Circulation" from the drop-down menu. Patrons must first email email@example.com and request to be added to the delivery database for Geneva.
- Patrons should submit their requests with a note to indicate that materials should be delivered to their departmental mailbox at NYSAES.
- Retirees must come to the Ithaca campus to check out items, or they can set up a proxy borrowing arrangement with a current Geneva patron.
Borrow Direct / ILL: Current Geneva faculty and students may request items through Borrow Direct and ILL.
Returning Print Materials: To return print materials, faculty and staff can place up to 3 items in campus mail envelopes (1 item per envelope) addressed to Mann Library which will be processed upon receipt. If more than 3 items are being returned or items are oversized and will not fit in campus envelopes, please return items in the book drop outside the Buildings & Properties Building
Scan It: Geneva patrons may use this service.
Weill has its own chat service. Weill patrons should be directed to the link on the library's homepage.
Requesting Print Materials: Weill Cornell faculty, staff, and students can register to borrow materials in-person from the Cornell University libraries by presenting a WCM ID. The loan period is generally six months. Weill patrons can use TripSaver to request items from the Ithaca libraries to be delivered to Weill.
Borrow Direct / ILL: Weill Cornell faculty, staff, and students should use the TripSaver service to request items not held by the Samuel J. Wood Library. This includes items at Cornell libraries in Ithaca/Geneva unless you wish to retrieve the material in person.
Returning Print Materials: If necessary, you may return items borrowed from Ithaca at the Samuel J. Wood Library. Please advise library staff if you are returning item(s) from a different library.
Scan It: Scan It is not available for Weill patrons, who should use the TripSaver service to request scans.
- Cornell students can check out materials in person at Ithaca College by applying for an Affiliate Card.
- Ithaca College Students can check out materials in person at Cornell by applying for a Library Card.
- More information on this program.
Columbia University (2CUL)
- This program is currently suspended due to COVID-19
- 2CUL is a reciprocal borrowing program for current students, faculty and staff of each institution. Users may register for a library card at the partner library and borrow books when visiting that campus. More information on 2CUL.
Other University Libraries (SHARES)
- Patrons should contact libraries in advance to inquire about their policies during COVID-19
- Cornell students, faculty, and staff can visit SHARES partner libraries without making prior arrangements. List of SHARES partner libraries.
- A small number of SHARES libraries are offering the opportunity to create a library account and check out materials. Partners in the pilot program are: Brandeis University, Cornell University, Northwestern University, Syracuse University, Temple University, University of California, Los Angeles, and Washington University in St. Louis. Interested patrons should fill out a SHARES borrowing application. Non-Cornell patrons should begin the application process with their home institution.
- More information on SHARES.