Library Computer Labs
Public Computing is now available in the libraries! (For laptops, see the Equipment Page)
- Pre-installed software on library computers:
You can send questions, comments and software requests to email@example.com
Please be aware of these two items:
- CU-Print has recently been installed on the public computers. There may be lingering issues. If patrons are having problems with CU-Print on the public computers, instruct them to try on their own laptops or contact Cornell IT for help.
- Adobe software licensing now requires users to log in with an Adobe ID. Adobe IDs are free and instructions for creating or updating an Adobe ID can be found on Adobe's Help Page.
Remote Access to Specialized Software and Databases
There is remote access to the following specialized software and databases:
- ArcGIS: via Canvas. Users can enroll in the course "Library Software Access" on Canvas to use ArcGIS and Rhino.
- Bloomberg: As of July 1, 2022, Bloomberg has reverted all academic clients back to terminal-based access. Bloomberg terminals are available in Hotel, Management, and Mann libraries. Questions/problems should be directed to Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Eikon and SDC: Only 2 seats at a time. Have the student contact Management (email@example.com) to set up access.
- Rhino: Users can enroll in the course "Library Software Access" on Canvas to use ArcGIS and Rhino.
- WRDS: Can be accessed by students off-campus using their Cornell email and the “day pass” option (linked to from our website: Wharton WRDS Access Page). Questions/problems should be direct to Management (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Adobe Software: Students can ask their instructor to send IT (email@example.com) a request to add them to the Creative Cloud license. IT can only honor requests that come from an instructor or academic department. More information on Adobe Licensing at Cornell. Students can also take advantage of Adobe's education discount and subscribe to the Creative Cloud for $20 per month. More information on Adobe's Student Discount Page.
For a list of software installed on Library-loaned laptops, see The Equipment Page.