Note to chatters
This guide will be updated as services and policies change. Let Erica Johns (email@example.com) know if there is something that should be corrected or added. Please note: we want to keep this lean and to the point. We will work to add other items as needed or as available.
Most recent changes to services and policies
- Response to queries about the Lincoln bust and Gettysburg address:
"President Lincoln’s bust was part of a temporary exhibit on the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. The bust was on display in the Rare and Manuscript Collections from 2013 to 2021. Cornell proudly possesses one of five known copies of the Gettysburg Address in Lincoln’s hand. The original is safely sequestered, with a digital facsimile on permanent display. Additionally, five electronic Lincoln exhibitions are available for 24/7 viewing online (https://rare.library.cornell.edu/online-exhibitions/)."
Please feel free to contact Patrick Stevens with additional questions that might arise at firstname.lastname@example.org
Media request should be forwarded to Zsuzsa Koltay.
- 3D printing service information added to Printing and Other On-site Services page.
- Temporarily unable to access any of our Wiley journal subscriptions.
- Temporary access issues with Springer eBooks detailed in Springer eBooks page.
- We will not have access to 2022 content from Wiley Online Journals until our renewal with them is complete. Until then, patrons should go through ILL.
- Changed policies in response to the University's "code red" status are described in the Code Red FAQs page.
- (9/13/2021) A few updates:
- More details on self-service scanning (including large-format scanning) added to the Scanning page.
- Printing page updated with more CU Print locations and information on quarter cards.
- Equipment and Laptops updated with most recent information.
- Referral Directory updated with new Desktop Services portal.
- New Other Campuses page added with information on Tech, Geneva, Weill, and other campuses.
- (8/25/2021) BACK TO SCHOOL UPDATE: The entire guide has been updated to reflect current operations. Each page has been updated, but here are some highlights:
- Physical Materials: Patrons have the option of requesting materials at regular or contactless locations. Full list of locations on the page.
- Library Spaces: All libraries (except Adelson) are open. This page now lists reservable rooms (with links) for each library.
- Course Reserves: Some libraries have maintained self-serve reserves.
- Equipment and Laptops: Lists of all available laptops and equipment at different units. Mann and Olin should have their laptops available for circulation in the next day or two.
- Printing and Other On-site Services: Locations of all CU Printers; Updated info on Poster Printing at Mann
- New FOLIO Page: A list of known issues that people ask about on chat--such as failed renewals.
I expect there to be fewer procedural changes this semester, but I'll try to keep the guide up to date. If you notice something missing/out of date, just let me (Natasha) know!