Library Home & Catalog
The library homepage search box searches all library systems--the catalog, articles, and library websites.
The catalog contains all of the holdings of all Cornell University libraries including records for books, ebooks, DVD's/videos, sound recordings, magazines/newspapers/journals, online journals/newspapers, computer files, government documents, manuscripts and archives, maps, musical scores, and more. Everything but articles!
- Use the search filters under "Limit your results."
- To search the holdings of libraries beyond Cornell click on Results at “libraries worldwide” (Worldcat Local) page.
- The advanced search in the library catalog allows for more precision. The drop down menu allows you to search by Author, Title, Keyword, or Subject, or combinations.
Requesting Books from Elsewhere
- For books that are checked out, or that Cornell doesn't have, use Borrow Direct
Books arrive in 3-4 business days.
- For items (books, articles, microfilm) Cornell doesn't have, use Interlibrary Loan Services
Items can arrive in as little as a few days to a couple of weeks.
- For items at another campus library or the Library Annex
Use the "Request" button in the Library Catalog and choose Library to Library Delivery.