Most of the internationally focused surveys below offer online data analysis and/or published reports based on the data.
International Social Surveys
- DHS Demographic & Health Surveys"DHS Program surveys cover a wide range of topics including family planning, gender, malaria, nutrition, and more.
See also: Publications by Country
- AfrobarometerNote: Works best in Google Chrome
Offers reports summarizing the survey results and an online analysis tool. Surveys are done in rounds.
Select the round.
Select a variable. This opens the analysis tool.
Choose a variable to cross-tabulate,
Select additional variables, as needed.
The Afrobarometer publications page also provides briefings and dispatches based on the survey results, policy papers, and more.
- AmericasBarometerLatin America Public Opinion Project
Requires the use of data analysis software (Stata or SPSS) and some understanding of statistical analysis methods.
Datasets of surveys of democratic public opinion and behavior in the Americas using national probability samples of voting-age adults.
Note: The Spotlight Series provide[s] "quick snapshots of survey items from the AmericasBarometer across countries and time. Each report takes a look at a single survey question to compare cross-country response distributions, provide an overview of regional trends across survey rounds, and describe differences among socioeconomic and demographic groups."
- European Commission Public OpinionOffers data sets for analysis. Also offers prepared reports and fact sheets based on the survey results. To find the prepared reports, go to the "Standard Eurobarometer" page and scroll down under "Attachments."
- European Social Survey -- Online Analysis ToolThe ESS Data Download Wizard gives access to cumulative data from countries that have been included in the integrated ESS files in two or more rounds, and all variables from questions that have been asked in more than one round. Note: You must register to use the the wizard.
- International Social SurveyDifferent topics covered each year, but hasn't been updated in some years. It may still provide an interesting point-in-time understanding:
- 2007 - Leisure Time and Sports
- 2005 - Work Orientations III
- 2004 - Citizenship
- 2003 - National Identity II
- 2002 - Family III
- 2001 - Social networks II
- 2000 - Environment II
- 1999 - Social Inequality III
- 1998 - Religion II
Select a question (variable) by clicking on the link (for example, gender of respondent). This opens up the online analysis tool.
--Use the arrows to page through the different variables that can be analyzed.
- World Values SurveyBeginning in 1981, conducted in successive waves.
A.- Perceptions of life
E.- Politics and Society
F.- Religion and Morale
G.- National Identity
S.- Structure of the file
Y.- Special Indexes
Search tips: On the left-hand menu, select Online Data Analysis. "You may browse the variable index and see question texts, frequencies for each answer, crosstabs of each question by country or any other variable, and even graphics."
You can also check under Findings & Insights for summaries of some of the findings.
International Polling Data
- Pew Global Indicators databaseNote: The data is drawn from some of the data in the Pew Global Values Survey.
Select the "Custom Analysis" tab.
U.S. Image: Opinion of the United States, Confidence in the U.S. President , Drone Strikes, U.S. Personal Freedoms ~ World Economy: Satisfaction with National Conditions, Country's Economic Situation, Views on Trade, Future Economic Situation ~ China Image: Opinion of China, Views of Chinese President, China's Growing Economy, China Personal Freedoms ~ Balance of Power: World's Leading Economic Power, World's Leading Superpower ~ Rating Countries: Opinion of Iran, Opinion of Russia, Opinion of Brazil.
Note: Not every country is surveyed every year.
- Polling the NationsSilver Spring, MD: ORS.
Polls taken on a variety of subjects all over the world from 1986 to the present. Each record in the database consists of one poll question and the participants' responses. Records are indexed in one of more than 5,000 topics and six search fields: subject matter, question text, universe, date, polling organization and response categories. Other information provided includes: source name and contact information, sample size, and notes on the sample population. Partially supersedes American Public Opinion Index and American Public Opinion Data [microfiche].
- Roper Center -- DatasetsDatasets from 100+ countries. Datasets can be downloaded in STATA, SPSS, CSV and ASCII formats.
- World Public Opinion PollReports that summarize opinion data. In partnership with the International Institutions and Global Governance program at the Council on Foreign Relations, WorldOpinion.org consolidates global and U.S. public opinion covering ten major issue areas: elements of world order, international institutions, violent conflict, terrorism, nuclear proliferation, climate change, energy security, the global economy, economic development, and human rights.