More Hospitality Industry Guides
The following books are recommended by librarians at the Nestlé Library. Many of the books are located in the ILR Library so click the catalog record link for location information (including call numbers).
- Casino Accounting and Financial Management byCall Number: ILR Library HF5686.G23 G74 2008Publication Date: 2008A completely revised and expanded edition of the most comprehensive book on casino accounting
- Career Opportunities in Casinos and Casino Hotels, Second Edition byCall Number: ILR Library HV6711 .F54 2009Publication Date: 2009Commercial casinos alone employ some 350,000 people. Career Opportunities in Casinos and Casino Hotels, Second Edition gives readers everything they need to know to start an exciting career in the growing casino and gaming industry. This new resource features more than 90 updated job profiles, as well as extensive appendixes covering professional organizations, schools, associations, unions, and casinos.
- Casino Gambling in America byCall Number: ILR Library HV6715 .C39x 1998Publication Date: 1998Includes: Casino gambling: origins, trends, and impacts, Casino management, changing economic geography of the casino industry in Nevada and Atlantic City, Growth of Indian gaming in the United States, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Connecticut, The new buffalo: tribal casino expansion in the Dakotas, Indian gaming in Oklahoma, Indian gaming in the southeastern United States, Gambling in Deadwood, SD, casino development in two Colorado mountain towns, Casino Gambling in Mississippi, Cultural politics of riverboat gambling, and video poker.
- Casino Industry in Asia Pacific byCall Number: ILR Library HV6722.A78 C37 2006Publication Date: 2006-03-14Casino Industry in Asia Pacific: Development, Operation, and Impact is a comprehensive review of the gaming industry in the Asia-Pacific region. This valuable resource thoroughly details the history, the operational issues, and the impact of casino gaming in Australia, Korea, Macao, and Southeast Asia. International authorities discuss crucial issues that involve policy makers and casino developers, allowing industry players a global perspective.
- Principles of Casino Marketing byCall Number: ILR Library HV6711 .L82x 2008Publication Date: 2008Introduction to casino marketing topics, casino promotion, premium and general market tactics, slot clubs, database marketing, Match-play offers, promotional chips, & vouchers, Dead chip programs, Discounting player losses, Structuring a discount program, Assessing deal-making policies & practices, Casino hosting & credit procedures, Repeater marketing promotions, Understanding the contributions of amenities and marketing plan property perspectives.
- Casino Dictionary byCall Number: ILR Library GV1301 .H295 2007Publication Date: 2006This dictionary provides an easy-to-use resource that defines casino industry terms and phrases, and makes sense of confusing jargon and buzz words. The book includes both gaming and business terms and gives readers the tools to communicate effectively with those in the industry. Offering unique coverage of game names, game rules, gambling jargon, dealer phrases, cheating techniques, and business terms.
- Introduction to Casino and Gaming Operations byCall Number: ILR Library GV1301 .M27 2000Publication Date: 2000This book is the most comprehensive source available on the research and techniques involved in casino and gaming operations. It explores the function of casinos and their relationships to hotels, restaurants, resorts, and entertainment facilities. Moves from principles to practices, from overviews to detailed descriptions. Provides a new chapter on Internet gaming operations.
- 2010 Las Vegas Strip: Forecast & Investment Guide byCall Number: ILr Library HV6721.L3 A18 2009Publication Date: 2009
- Legalized Gambling byCall Number: ILR Library HV6715 .H385 2006Publication Date: 2006Communities as well as policymakers remain polarized as to the benefits and costs of gambling. Legalized Gambling addresses these controversies by examining America's historical love/hate relationship with gambling. This in-depth examination serves as an aid to students who are researching this issue, as well as other members of the public interested in the history and controversies of legalized gambling. Legalized Gambling will capitalize on public interest and reveal political, economic, and moral complexities of the issue that otherwise may not be apparent.
- Tourism and Gaming on American Indian Lands byCall Number: ILR Library E93 .T68x 1998Publication Date: 1998An overview of the Native American experience; American Indians in state tourism promotional literature; Return of the native: the big picture of tourism development in Indian country; The impact of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act on tribes in the U.S.; The history of Indian gaming law and casino development in the Western United States; The impacts of Foxwoods Resort Casino on its dual host community; A sociological view of tourism in an American Indian community: maintaining cultural integrity; etc.