Albert R. Mann Library
No matter where you are in the research process, we encourage you to ask for help when you need it!
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requesting a personalized research consultation
- Using Chat 24/7
For more information, consult the Ask a Librarian page of the Cornell Libraries website.
Welcome to your guide for FSAD 2310!
This guide contains resources to help you complete your assignments for FSAD 2310. Use the tabs at the top to:
- Identify a trend to research for your team project and choose a demographic or consumer segment to focus on
- Find and access current industry news on your trend and on the social, economic, environmental and other factors that influence the trend
- Find and access current trend reports on your topic using fashion resources like WGSN, WWD, and Mintel
- Find more information on the consumer segment or audience you are choosing to focus on
- Find company and market research information from databases like Hoover’s and Mintel, including competitor analyses, company financials, etc.
- Cite your sources properly in APA format
Other Useful General Fashion and Other Guides
If you are doing research off campus, you can access the full-text of many books and articles by going through the Cornell library catalog or through databases. You will be asked to authenticate with your NetID and password.
If you choose to do research by searching the Internet or using Google Scholar, you will not automatically be taken to the full text of articles. Sometimes, you go to the publisher's page and are informed that you can access the article if you pay a fee (this is known as a paywall).
To make it easier to get full text access off campus, it is recommended that you install Passkey into your browser. Then when you hit a paywall, you just click on the Passkey icon and it changes the URL of the article so that you are recognized as a Cornell affiliate and allows you to access the content for free. However, this only works if Cornell subscribes to the journal! Not everything is available with Passkey.
Consult the library guide on Passkey for more information about installation.