MSCI ESG Direct and Business Source Complete, of the databases listed below, will be the most relevant for this research. The other databases are useful in that they give stats on the number of employees, information about the financial health, the company's leadership structure, and where it stands among its peers. Don't forget to check the company website for CSR-related content!
- Business Insights, EssentialsExtensive reference content from Gale's core business collection; easy-to-use company fundamentals and investment research reports; industry rankings, profiles, market share data, company histories, and more.
- Business Source CompleteBusiness Source Complete provides full text for scholarly business journals and other sources, including full text for more than 1,800 peer-reviewed business publications. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business. This database provides full text (PDF) for top scholarly journals, including the Harvard Business Review. It also includes industry and country reports from Euromonitor and company and industry reports from Datamonitor.
- Nexis UniProvides access to full text resources on topics including current and general news; business and financial information; newspapers; company directories; government and politics; medical and health topics; accounting, auditing, and tax; federal and state laws; legal cases; and regulations. Resources include TV and radio news transcripts.
- Mergent IntellectMergent Intellect is a highly flexible web-based application that features a deep collection of worldwide business information that enables companies to generate insightful business intelligence. Coupling Mergent's expertise in developing products for the reference marketplace with D&B's private company database, Mergent Intellect offers new and existing clients a unique opportunity to access private and public U.S and international business data, industry news, facts and figures, executive contact information, the ability to access industry profiles and much more.
- MSCI ESG DirectA comprehensive research database, measuring the environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance of corporations. The web-based database contains ESG and controversial business involvement research on more than 4,000 companies in 50+ global markets. The database provides over 200 ESG indicators and over 2,000 ESG points. It provides continuous global coverage for involvement in controversial lines of business, such as nuclear power, tobacco, and weapons. Previously known as ESG Manager on Campus.
- OrbisProvides access to company information and financial data for more than 275 million companies worldwide. Users can screen for companies based on geography, financial performance, industry, deals, ownership structure, number of employees, year of incorporation, and other criteria. Orbis is an excellent source for private company information, especially in international markets.
- PitchBookSearch thousands of private equity and venture capital deals by hundreds of criteria. Use PitchBook to establish benchmarks, find real time data on deals, identify and analyze comparables, and search investor details. Users must create an account using your Cornell email address. Log in > Log in with SSO > [Cornell email address].
- CorporateRegister.comCorporateRegister.com is a global directory of CSR (corporate social responsibility) resources, currently incorporating: CSR Report Directory, the world's largest online directory of company issued CSR, sustainability, and environment reports from around the world. ReportingPartners Directory - A free directory covering thousands of CSR reporting service providers (e.g. consultants, designers, printers and verifiers). This service is designed to assist report developers in finding companies to work on their next CSR report. CSR News & Information - provides users with constantly updated, relevant information in a single location. Research & Publications - additional information from the CSR reports.