Tips for Finding Articles
- The easiest way to find articles is to use the Articles & Full Text option on the library homepage.
- A more precise way to search for articles is to select and browse Research Guides on the library homepage, especially those recommended in this and other library guides.
- In the databases, choose the advanced or guided searches (usually 3 lines) to help you correctly format your search.
- Use OR between your search terms to broaden the search to include any of the terms.
- Use AND between your search terms to narrow the search to include all the terms.
- Find full text within the databases in html or pdf format.
- Use the GetIt!Cornell to link to full text found outside of the database.
- Ask a Librarian if you need further help!
- AB/IInformABI Inform is an extensive international business and management database, contains bibliographic citations, abstracts, and full text of articles appearing in professional publications, academic journals, and trade magazines published worldwide. Also known as ProQuest.
- PsycINFOContains citations and summaries of the international literature in psychology and related behavioral and social sciences, including psychiatry, sociology, anthropology, education, pharmacology, and linguistics. Includes applied psychology, communication systems, developmental psychology, educational psychology, experimental human and animal psychology, personality, physical and psychological disorders, physiological psychology and intervention, professional personnel and issues, psychometrics, social processes and issues, sports psychology and leisure, and treatment and prevention.
- Sociology Source UltimateAn expanded version of SocINDEX, including greater coverage of peer-reviewed journals, international resources and open access titles. Provides citations and direct links to the texts of journal articles, book chapters and conference proceedings, some as far back as 1880. Comprehensive coverage encompassing sub-disciplines and related areas of the social sciences, including labor, crime, demography, economic sociology, immigration, ethnic, racial and gender studies, family, political sociology, religion, development, social psychology, social structure, social work, socio-cultural anthropology, social history, theory, methodology, and more.”
Organizational Behavior Databases
Find articles via library databases. Searches retrieve articles from thousands of publications. Here are suggested databases.
- Business Source CompleteBusiness Source Complete provides full text for scholarly business journals and other sources, including full text for more than 1,800 peer-reviewed business publications. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business. This database provides full text (PDF) for top scholarly journals, including the Harvard Business Review. It also includes industry and country reports from Euromonitor and company and industry reports from Datamonitor.
- Communication & Mass Media CompleteOffers a collection of more than 230 full text journals, offers cover-to-cover ("core") indexing and abstracts for over 300 journals, and selected ("priority") coverage of over 100 more.
- Communication AbstractsComprehensively covers communication-related articles, reports, papers, and books from a variety of publishers, research institutions, and information sources on a world-wide scale.
- EmeraldEmerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. The company manages a portfolio of more than 290 journals and over 2,000 books and book series volumes, as well as providing an extensive range of online products and additional customer resources and services.
- MSCI ESG DirectA comprehensive research database, measuring the environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance of corporations. The web-based database contains ESG and controversial business involvement research on more than 4,000 companies in 50+ global markets. The database provides over 200 ESG indicators and over 2,000 ESG points. It provides continuous global coverage for involvement in controversial lines of business, such as nuclear power, tobacco, and weapons. Previously known as ESG Manager on Campus.
- Human Resources AbstractsHuman Resources Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to human resources, including human resource management, employee assistance, organizational behavior, and other areas of key relevance to the discipline. Records are selected from many of the top titles within the discipline, including Journal of Human Resources, Human Resource Management, and Human Resource Development International.
- ScienceDirectOnline service for scientific research that contains the full text of Elsevier Science journals in the life, physical, medical, technical, and social sciences. Also includes reference books and the Research in...series of article complations.
- Social Science Research NetworkSocial Science Research Network (SSRN) is composed of a number of specialized research networks in the social sciences. Topics covered by networks include accounting, economics, financial economics, legal scholarship, and management (including negotiation and marketing). These networks encourage the rapid distribution of research by publishing submitted abstracts and soliciting abstracts of top quality research papers around the world. Journals, publishers, and other cooperating institutions provide working papers for distribution. The SSRN eLibrary consists of an abstract database containing abstracts of scholarly working papers and forthcoming papers and an electronic paper collection of downloadable full text documents in pdf format.
- Web of ScienceThe Web of Science citation databases are multidisciplinary databases of bibliographic information indexed to be searched by subject, author, journal, and/or author address. They can also be searched for articles that cite a known author or work. Cited reference searching allows use of a given work as if it were a subject term, to identify more recent articles on the same topic.
- Sociological AbstractsAbstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. Provides citations from 1963 to the present, and abstracts since 1974, to journal articles, conference papers, books, and dissertations. Subjects covered include community development, culture and social structure, demography and human biology, environmental interactions, family and social welfare, health and medicine and law, religion and science, social psychology and group interactions, welfare services, and women's studies.