General News Databases
These databases contain many newspapers. They are especially effective when searching for local news stories about a company.
Use the general business databases ABIInform, Business Source Complete, & Business Insights, Essentials to find general and trade news about a company. Search the company name and relevant keywords. You can limit your results to news articles or trade publications, and by date to find only the most recent news.
Tips for Finding Articles
- The easiest way to find articles is to use the Articles & Full Text option on the library homepage.
- A more precise way to search for articles is to select and browse Databases on the library homepage, especially those recommended in this and other library guides.
- In the databases, choose the advanced or guided searches (usually 3 lines) to help you correctly format your search.
- Use OR between your search terms to broaden the search to include any of the terms.
- Use AND between your search terms to narrow the search to include all the terms.
- Find full text within the databases in html or pdf format.
- Use the GetIt!Cornell to link to full text found outside of the database.
- Ask a Librarian if you need further help!