Bloomberg Law account registration
How to register for an account on Bloomberg Law:
- To access Bloomberg Law, go to the library catalog. On the catalog page, make sure you click the link for "Off-campus users" to be brought directly to the registration page.
- Fill in your information, making sure you use your Cornell email address when signing up and select Cornell University Law School as your institution.
- After you submit Bloomberg will confirm your status as a Cornell student and send you an email to set up your username and password.
In Bloomberg you can set up alerts for searches, and newsletters.
For search alerts:
- After logging in, you are brought to your homepage. Click "browse" in the top left corner of the page, click on "Practice Centers" and then "Labor and Employment" (or the area you are doing research in).
- Type your search terms into the search bar at the top of the page (e.g. discrimination AND employment), and you can narrow down the sources you get results for by clicking "Select Sources" at the end of the search bar and selecting the ones you want.
- Once you run the search, you can narrow the results further by using the delimiters on the left side of the screen.
- Once you have the search parameters you are looking for, click "Create Alert" that's above your search results with "edit search" and "add search to dashboard".
- Here you can tailor the alert for you; adding a title, tags, the frequency you receive the alert, and the email it's sent to.
For newsletter alerts:
- After logging in, click "My Work History" at the top of the webpage. Then click "Alerts" and then "Manage Alerts"
- This will bring you to your Alerts Management page. From here you can manage all the alerts you set up for your Bloomberg account.
- Click "Newsletter Subscriptions" and you'll have a list come up with all the different newsletters you can subscribe too, and just scroll down until you find the ones you want.
- Once you find a newsletter you want to subscribe to (e.g. Daily Labor Report) click the pencil image on the right side of the table. Here you can choose if you want Highlights or First Move.
- Once you choose the kind of alerts you would like just click save and you will start receiving the alerts.