No matter where you are in the research process, we encourage you to ask for help from a librarian.
Request a research consultation with a research librarian.
Off-Campus Access to Full-Text
If you're off-campus and want access to full-text, you can either go to the resource via the library website or use the PASSKEY tool. Using either method, you will be prompted to log in with your netID and password to gain access to our licensed resources.
Welcome to the research guide for PAM4950: Engaged Learning Capstone. This guide will help you to effectively use research databases and other library resources to conduct a thorough and comprehensive literature search for evidence relating to the capstone project. This includes both the published literature found in scholarly journals, as well as gray literature such as government reports and conference proceedings.
- Evaluating Information: Includes types of literatures and programs.
- Background Literature: List of online resources and articles
- Sources of Literature: Identify keywords, search strategy tips and database suggestions.
- Literature Review: Detailed guidance for writing a literature review, interdisciplinary databases are referenced, but the databases in Sources of Literature are more relevant.
- Manage your Research: Download the Zotero citation management software and get guidance for citing.
Please use the tabs along the top to navigate through this research guide. We have librarians that specialize in social science research support available to help. Schedule an appointment through our research support request form.
Examples of support offered:
- Refining research topics
- Developing a search strategy
- Finding literature, supporting evidence, data, and statistics
- Citation management assistance with either Mendeley, Zotero, EndNote