Skip to main content
LINGUISTICS ON THE INTERNET
- Liguistic Society of America.
- "The Linguistic Society of America is the major professional society in the United States that is exclusively dedicated to the advancement of the scientific study of language." [About LSA] Information from the Society on meetings, institutes, jobs, publications, and other resources.
- The Linguist List
- "The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST maintains a web-site with over 2000 pages and runs a mailing list with over 25,000 subscribers worldwide. LINGUIST also hosts searchable archives of over 100 other linguistic mailing lists and runs research projects which develop tools for the field, e.g., a peer-reviewed database of language and language-family information, and recommendations of best practice for digitizing endangered languages data." [Home page]
- IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) Phonetic Chart
- All 44 phonemes of the English phonetic chart/alphabet.