What is Mendeley?
Mendeley is a reference and papers manager, academic collaboration network and crowdsourced database. Mendeley Desktop is available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Mendeley Web functions on all major browsers. Mobile versions of Mendeley are available for Ipad, Iphone and Android devices.
Mendeley Basic vs. Mendeley Premium - Mendeley Basic is free, but Mendeley Premium is no longer free as of March 3, 2022. Below are the differences:
- Increase in personal library size for each user, from 2 GB to 100 GB
- Increase in group storage, from 100 MB to 100 GB
- Increase in private group size, from 25 to 100 members
- Increase in number of private groups, from 5 to 1,000.
You can see which version you have by going to your name / Settings/Subscription.
If you've already been upgraded to premium for free it lasts for one year after graduation.
Top 10 Mendeley Features
1. Join the Mendeley Academic Collaboration Network
Create an account and start interacting with over 4 million like-minded researchers.
2. Import Your Reference Libraries from other Reference Managers such as Endnote and RefWorks
Download the Mendeley Migration Guide from this page to get started.
3. Join one of thousands of Public Groups or start your own Public Group.
Visit Mendeley's group directory to browse existing groups or create your own using our dedicated guide to public groups.
4. Create a Private Group and collaborate with colleagues by reading and annotating together.
Find out more in our dedicated guide to private groups.
5. Discover Readership Statistics about the paper you are reading.
Browse Mendeley’s crowd-sourced research catalog of millions of papers.
6. Showcase your publication history.
Add your personal publications to your Mendeley profile using Mendeley Desktop, or by visiting your profile page.
7. Choose from one of 8000+ citation styles or create your own!
Use the CSL Editor to explore and modify existing styles. Automatically download journal styles from Elsevier's Author Guides.
8. Drag and drop PDFs automatically extract metadata about research papers.
Add new entries to your library in just a few seconds. Verify the extracted metadata manually, or automatically using a document identifier lookup.
9. Enable the File Organizer to bring order to your stored file.
Mendeley saves your references in the cloud, but you can also opt to download local copies and automatically rename the PDFs using a naming scheme you specify.
10. Mendeley Desktop is available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Mendeley Web functions on all major browsers.
For more details, see the list of video tutorials and support center.
Collaborate With Your Colleagues Now
Ithaca, NY 14853