The first step in the process is exploring the topic. It's often useful to get look at overviews or background on your subject before you jump into searching for more specific research articles. Books, encyclopedias, dictionaries, and overview sites and sources can all help you with this. Start at the Cornell University Library Catalog.
- Basic search: Enter a very general keyword search in the main search box.
- Using the links on the left hand side, narrow your search to books.
- When you find anything useful click on the title and find the subject headings on the left.
- Click on the linked subject heading to find everything about that particular subject listed in the catalog. You can also re-search using the subject headings in Advanced Search.
- You can also narrow your search to certain date ranges or languages.