Theses & Dissertations : Nubian Studies
Theses and dissertations on Nubian culture and history from the American University in Cairo, accessible via their institutional repository (AUC Knowledge Fountain)
- A study of obligations on death occasions among a Nubian group from Besharan Adendan living in Cairo / Najwa Ahmad Shukairy (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 1963)
- The Nubian woman in Cairo: patterns of adjustment ; a case study of five families / Shahira El Sawy (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 1965)
- Sheikh cult in Dahmit / Nawal EL Messiri (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 1965)
- Water and land in a Nubian village / Abdel Hamid El Zein (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 1966)
- The impact of environmental change on the marriage institution: The case of Kanuba settlers / Samiha Fahmy El Katsha (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 1969)
- Language contact and word order change in Nobiin Nubian / Nahed Adly (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 1979)
- The changing role of Nubian women in Khashm El-Girba, Eastern Sudan / Mashaair Sharif Saeed (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 1994)
- Status and characteristics of the Nubian short story in Egyptian literature: Layali Al-Misk Al-Atika by Hadjdjadj Hasan Uddul and Arus Al-Nil by Yahya Mukhtar / Muhammad Helmi (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 1996)
- Efficacy of Nubian press in Cairo: A uses and gratifications study 2006 / Syonara Mohamed Adel Tomoum (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 2007)
- The attitude of Egyptian Nubian university students towards Arabic and Nubian languages / Sanaa Gamal Abou-Ras (MA Thesis, American University in Cairo, 2012)
- The lucky bilingual: ethnography of factors influencing code-switching among the Nubian community in southern Egypt / Syonara Tomoum (MA Thesis, American University in Cairo, 2014)
- Traversing the urban as a woman in Cairo and Aswan / Mennat-Allah Yehia Mourad (MA Thesis, American University in Cairo, 2015)
- Discourses around Nubians: A critical discourse analysis of Egyptian social studies and history textbooks / Nesma Assem Mansour (MA Thesis, American University in Cairo, 2017)
- On Displacement and Music: Embodiments of Contemporary Nubian Music in the Nubian Resettlements / Fayrouz Kaddal (Thesis, American University in Cairo, 2021)
Tools * Methods
*Zotero Group Library on “how to write a dissertation” and other topics of interest to graduate students:*Grab your research with a single click. *A personal research assistant. *Store anything.
See Also: Method Book for PhD Students
- Writing and Presenting Your Dissertation or Thesis: detailed outline of proposal, writing and thesis presentation.
- How to Organise Your Thesis: a succinct coverage of the postgraduate thesis process.
- How to Write a PhD Thesis: practical advice on the problems of getting started, getting organized and dividing the task into less formidable pieces.
- Grammar and Writing Resources: a guide to grammar and writing resources from the Capital Community College Foundation.
- Copyright Guide for Research Students: designed to assist research students in managing copyright issues which they may encounter in writing and depositing their electronic thesis in an online repository.
- Writing a Proposal: PhD dissertation or thesis development stages
- The modern researcher /New York, Harcourt, Brace 
- The craft of research Chicago : The University of Chicago Press, 2016.
- Doing qualitative researchLondon ; Thousand Oaks, California ; New Delhi ; Singapore : SAGE Publications Ltd,