Ebooks on Online Education
The Cornell University Library has a number of e-books on online learning. Follow the links below to search by subject heading. If you have trouble accessing any of these - or other - e-books, please reach out to us for assistance.
- Books on Web-based instructionCatalog link to e-books with subject heading of "Web-based instruction"
- Books on "Effect of technological innovations on Education"Catalog link to e-books with subject heading of "Education > Effect of technological innovations on."
- ERIC : the Education Resources Information CenterArticles on online/distance learning pedagogy across all disciplines can be found indexed in ERIC.
The ERIC collection is a digital library of free education-related sources of interest to educators, researchers, and the general public, and consists primarily of electronic bibliographic records describing journal and non-journal literature.\
You may wish to search for concepts such as "connectedness", "engagement", or "assessment" AND "Law Schools" to find articles written on the topic with special regard to legal education.
Higher Ed Current Awareness
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Coronavirus Hits Campus - Special ReportLinks to The Chronicle’s key coverage of how this worldwide crisis affected college campuses.
- Inside Higher Ed: Digital LearningArticles from Insider Higher Ed related to online learning and COVID-19
- Inside Higher Ed: CoronavirusLinks to all of Inside Higher Ed's coverage on how COVID-19 is affecting higher education
- Twitter topic: Instructional ContinuityFollow this hashtag to keep abreast of new articles and resources shared by others in the education community
Suggestions from other schools
- Stanford: Teaching Effectively during Times of DisruptionSome of the advice here is specific to Stanford, but there are plenty of general online pedagogy tips.
- Remote Teaching Resources for Business ContinuityLinks to 400+ US universities' policies on academic continuity as well as remote teaching resources
Tips from vendors
- Canvas: Tips for Online LearningA number of relevant posts including "Adapting to Online in a Pinch" and "Canvas Partners and Distance Learning"
- Techsmith: Resources to Effectively Transition to Remote Work and LearningTips for using Techsmith's tools (i.e. Snagit) to incorporate videos, screencasts, screenshots, and images. Also offering free access to some of their products through June 30: https://discover.techsmith.com/remote-techsmith/
- Zoom: Ideas for Creating a Sense of Culture, Community Amid Social Distancing and Work-From-Home MandatesShares some creative ways to build culture and community over Zoom, including a section on Virtual Office Hours