More Hospitality Industry Guides
These print books provide detailed information about operations, marketing, management, and other key aspects of running a bed and breakfast. Click the catalog record link to see where each book is located.
- Industry Study of Innkeeping Operations & Finance byCall Number: ILR LibraryPublication Date: 2010
- How to Open and Operate a Bed and Breakfast byCall Number: ILR Library TX911.3.M27 S6983x 2000Publication Date: 2000Get advice on owning and operating a bed and breakfast. This comprehensive guide discusses how to establish a successful B & B, as well as details on daily management.
- So You Want to Be an Innkeeper byCall Number: ILR Library TX911.3.M27 S62323 2004Publication Date: 2004Highly recommended by the Professional Association of Innkeepers International, it presents the facts from the insiders on how to start, operate, and promote a successful establishment. Also includes new information on cottages, luxury properties, and spa services - a reflection of recent trends in innkeeping. Charts and worksheets for financial planning, property evaluation, and cash flow projection.
- Running a Bed and Breakfast for Dummies byCall Number: ILR Library TX911.3.M27 W448 2009Publication Date: 2009This comprehensive guide covers everything from finding the perfect location to establishing a budget to handling maintenance issues. It helps readers decide how many rooms they should have to match their target occupant and income needs, what rates to charge in accordance with the amenities provided, and if and when to hire a staff.
- The Complete Guide to Bed & Breakfasts, Inns & Guesthouses byCall Number: ILR Library TX907.2 .C66Publication Date: 2010
- PAII Study of B&B Marketing Practices byCall Number: ILR Library TX911.3.M3 P35 2006Publication Date: 2006
- Open Your Own Bed & Breakfast byCall Number: Ebook full-text available onlinePublication Date: 2001Some of the essential information provided in this book includes: * Your responsibilities-and those of your guests * Financial considerations * Advertising, the Internet, and working with a reservation service * Evaluating your home's assets and liabilities * Conforming to the ADA * Legal, tax, and insurance issues, including recent changes in the tax code * Interviews with successful hosts * Lists of B&B associations.
- Starting and Running A B&B byCall Number: ILR Library TX911.3.M27 W49 2006Publication Date: 2006PART 1: Preparing to Enter the B&B Business 1. It's up to you 2. Who is your market? 3. Who is your customer? 4. Preparing your property 5. Doing your homework; PART TWO: How to Run Your B&B Efficiently and Successfully 6. Putting the people back in service 7. Day to day operations 8. Housekeeping 9. Occupational health and safety 10. Food and the Bed & Breakfast 11. The hospitality industry and you 12. Marketing your B & B 13. The fundamentals of business.
- Start Your Own Bed and Breakfast byCall Number: ILR Library TX911.3.M27 S6986 2008Publication Date: 2007This guide, based on the experiences of scores of successful B&B operators, will tell you everything you need to know to make that dream a reality . We give you the nitty-gritty, hands-on tasks, tips and tricks to successful B&B innkeeping. Secrets such as: Finding the right location Buying property Licensing Setting pricing policies Promoting the business Hiring good people Using the internet for marketing.
- How to Start and Run Your Own Bed and Breakfast Inn byCall Number: ILR Library TX911.3.M27 H6627 2005Publication Date: 2005This book reveals the secrets of the best inns, including information on securing financing, buying and managing the inn, attracting the right guests, developing a business plan, addressing legal and insurance needs, marketing the inn effectively, and locating professional organizations.