The research process is a series of multiple steps. Look at creating a research plan. Your instructor may have given you a topic/question to research or the freedom to come up with your own topic/question. Just take a few moments to think about the following:
- What am I trying to accomplish?
- How interested am I in this idea?
- How much time do I have?
- What information and resources are available?
- Does your issue have sub-topics that you need to know more about?
- What is the assigned length of the research paper?
The paper must be 10-11 typewritten pages and double-spaced, including endnotes/footnotes.