ASRC 1859-How to Write About Africa
In this class we'll cover:
- Developing a Research Plan
- Creating useful strategies to effectively perform research at Cornell
- Finding Books
- Distinguishing between Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary
- Find items held at Cornell (books, journal holdings, etc.)
- Finding Articles
- Find articles, essays, book chapters and monographs
- Requesting items not available at Cornell
- BorrowDirect, Interlibrary Loan and ScanIt
- Evaluating your sources
- Some tips on how to evaluate the sources you've found
- Citing your sources
- Guides and Resources for preparing your bibliography
- The dangers of Artificial Intelligence and Chat GPT
- Getting Help
See the Library's Introduction to Research web page for more tips and strategies.
About Your Librarian!
Patricia Abraham is a former graduate of the Africana Center and elated to return as the Assistant Librarian at the John Henrik Clarke Africana Library. Among many other roles, she is a liaison for the library, specializing in collection development, reference, and research, so feel free to reach out with questions!