Getting Started with Research
The tutorials and resources in this guide contain the information you'll need to complete your assignments.
By the end of this class you'll be able to:
- Find authoritative background sources in order to gather information about terms and methods in your field
- Identify influential researchers, research groups, journals and articles in your subject area
- Search article databases and retrieve highly cited peer-reviewed scholarly articles and the articles that cite them easily and efficiently
- properties and structure of metals, such as aluminum (its general shape, types of bonds, etc.) and why metals are hard to break down
- a medical condition (including its severity, global impact, effectiveness of current diagnostic techniques and efficacy of current treatment) and the corresponding molecule [enzyme] that will be detected including binding affinity of the enzyme and the redox reaction
- review of the existing literature in the area of monitoring and diagnosing your chosen medical condition
Other Useful Guides
No matter where you are in the research process, we encourage you to ask for information consulting services. Email us your question or request a consultation. Reference librarians are here to assist.