Working with data
The Research Data Management Service Group (RDMSG) assists with creating and implementing data management plans, applying best practices for managing data, and finding data management services at any stage of the research process.
For information about research data management and support, visit:
Managing citations and documents
Citation management tools allow the user to organize and retrieve information, and then works with word-processing software to insert properly formatted footnotes or citations into a paper and create a properly formatted bibliography.
For information about citation management tools and support, visit:
Collaborating at Cornell
Many different collaboration applications are available at Cornell that let you and your coworkers, colleagues, or friends share your thoughts and get work done faster and better.
To find resources for file sharing, meeting and messaging, course collaboration and team spaces, visit:
Dealing with stress
When life’s challenges and demands begin to pile up and pull us out of balance we need to take time to do those things that replenish and restore our physical, mental and emotional well-being. For resources and support for stress management, visit:
It is vital for researchers and academics to keep up-to-date with the most recently published information and developments. For more information about keeping current within your field, visit:
There are subject specialists in the library who can assist with using library resources in your research discipline. For more information about connecting with your liaison librarian, visit:
Computing, Statistics, and Software Support
- Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research (CISER)CISER is an excellent resource for help with the use of data files and statistical analysis software, and working with social science and economic data, both public access and restricted.
- Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU)CSCU is a professional service group that aims to strengthen research on campus by assisting scholars with using statistical methods in their research in the most optimal way.
- Center for Advanced Computing (CAC)CAC offers research, education and outreach computing and consulting services that range from HPC systems and storage to programming, database development, and web portal design.
- GISGIS at Mann Library offers walk-in consultations, instruction, software, hardware, and data support.
Cornell University IT
- IT: ServicesServices related to accounts and access, audio and video, business applications, desktop support & personal computing, email & calendar, infrastructure: servers & storage, Labs & instructional resources, network & phone, security, training: workshops & eLearning, web services, hosting & collaboration