- Tip 1: Once you have located a book on your topic click on the subject headings of the catalog record. This can lead you to additional books on the same topic.
- Tip 2: Look to see if the catalog record has a summary or table of contents of the book and is available in other editions.
- Tip 3: If a record says networked resource it is usually available online.
- Tip 4: When doing keyword searching, try combining keywords/phrases. Be aware of the differences between broad and narrower, search:
- Jim Crow
- Jim Crowism
- African Americans and Segregation
- Race Relations
- Civil Rights
- Laws and Jim Crow