Wall Street Journal
Wall Street Journal articles
Example: “Why Business Plans Don't Deliver”, Wall Street Journal, June 22, 2009 edition. You know the article title, as well as where and when it was published.
Connect to Factiva below.
- Go to Search> Search Builder from the top menu.
- In the Free Text Search box, type why business plans don't deliver. Please note that in Factiva, it will automatically phrase free text in this box.
- Because we’re looking for an article from more than a year ago, change the date range to all dates or enter a specific date range.
- Click Source and enter the journal you want to search, wall street journal, in the search box to filter your search.
- Select The Wall Street Journal - All Sources. Please note that you can either block any results from this journal or remove that filter from your search by clicking on the name and selecting either Not or Remove.
- Click Search.
Refining Search and Troubleshooting:
Note the Examples link from the search page. This section will give you other tricks to refining your Factiva search. For example, you can filter by article length, the number of times a word shows up in an article, and its proximity to other words.
If your search results in few or no articles and you suspect that there should be more, go to the More Options filter in the Search Builder. Make sure that the Search for free-text terms in: is set to Full Article and that there are no exclusions checked.
Feel free to contact us!