Ebooks and Audiobooks
OverDrive is a system by which current Cornell students, faculty and staff can check out and download e-books and audiobooks.
- eBooks: 7, 14, 21, or 28 days
- Audiobooks: 7, 14, or 21 days
Maximum number of titles that can be checked out at any one time: 3
Time items stay in cart (before checkout): 60 minutes
Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period, so there are no late fees.
Items are available in four formats:
- Kindle and EPub for ebooks
- MP3 and WMA for audiobooks
There are multiple options for accessing ebooks and audiobooks from OverDrive:
- Install the new Libby app to download books to a computer, phone or other device
- Install the original OverDrive app to download books to a computer, phone or other device
- Read or listen online directly through your computer browser with OverDrive Read
- Use your Amazon account and either a Kindle device or app to download Kindle formats
In addition to Cornell’s OverDrive offerings you can sign up for a Tompkins County Public Library Card to take advantage of their collection.
New York State residents may also apply for a New York Public Library Card for access to NYPL OverDrive content.