- Encyclopedia of Food and CultureISBN: 0684805685Publication Date: 2002-12-17600 articles on food and its place in human culture and society, covering everything from agronomy to zucchini.
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in AmericaAvailable in full-text electronically. 700 original, intriguing articles-from "Apple Pie" to "Zombie"--The Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America covers the significant events, inventions, and social movements in American history that have affected the way Americans view, prepare, and consume food and drink. The articles treat regions, people, ingredients, companies, advertising, historical eras, holidays and festivals, and political, scientific, and economic currents pertinent to American cuisine.
Multidisciplinary Article Search
- Articles & eBooksThis powerful search engine works across many databases and pulls together a wide variety of resources. Refine your search using the categories on the left side of the results page.
Databases for humanities or social science perspective
- MLA BibliographyLiterary criticism, film criticism, language and linguistics.
- Performing Arts Periodicals DatabaseCovers a broad spectrum of the arts and entertainment industry--including dance, film, television, drama, theater, stagecraft, musical theater, broadcast arts, circus performance, comedy, storytelling, opera, pantomime, puppetry, magic and more.
- America: History & LifeAmerica: History and Life (AHL) is a complete bibliographic reference to the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present. Published since 1964, the database comprises over 530,000 bibliographic entries for periodicals dating back to 1954. Additional bibliographical entries are constantly added to the databases from editorial projects such as retrospective coverage of journals issues published prior to 1954.
- Women's Studies InternationalProvides citations and some abstracts to the core areas of Women's studies from the 1970s to the present. Covers journals, newspapers, newsletters, bulletins, books, book chapters, proceedings, reports, theses, dissertations, studies, websites and grey literature.
- Project MUSESearchable database that provides access to the full text of journals published by Johns Hopkins University Press and other university presses in the humanities, social sciences, and mathematics. Covers such fields as literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, gender studies, and others.
- JSTORJSTOR is a fully-searchable database containing the back issues of several hundred scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, mathematics, music, ecology and botany, business, and other fields. It includes the following collections: Arts & sciences I, II and III, General science, Ecology and botany, Business, Language and literature.