More Hospitality Industry Guides
Residential Real Estate Resources
Library Resources (restricted to current members of the Cornell community)
- CEIC - includes third-party data from research firm Redfin.
- Statista - many reports on residential real estate are available, including their Housing Market in the U.S. dossier.
- IBISWorld - available reports focus on real estate sales and management as an industry.
Freely Available Internet Resources
- National Association of Realtors Housing Statistics - updated monthly, includes data on existing home sales, median prices, housing starts, and the Housing Affordability Index.
- Zillow Housing Data - includes the Zillow Home Value Index for home values and the Zillow Observed Rent Index for rentals.
- Realtor.com Research - research reports include the Market Hotness Index, which measures local area supply and demand. Their Housing Market Recovery Index provides data on the impact of COVID-19 on the housing market.
- S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index - tracks changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions.
- Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies - produces a wide range of working papers, research briefs, and major reports about home ownership, rental housing, affordability, aging, remodeling, and more.
Freely Available Government Resources
- American Housing Survey - sponsored by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the AHS is the most comprehensive national housing survey in the U.S.
- Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) House Price Index - measures changes in single-family home values based on data from all 50 states and over 400 cities that extend back to the mid-1970s.
- Census Bureau's Housing Data - also includes Historical Housing Data.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Real Estate Industry - workforce statistics for the real estate industry
- Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies - includes annual State of the Nation's Housing publication.