Guidestar PremiumSearchable directory that provides detailed information on more than 850,000 nonprofit (501) organizations. Profiles cover mission and programs, financials, leaders, and most importantly, full text via PDF of the charity's IRS 990 filing from 1998 forward in most cases. Form 990 provides information on revenues, expenses, programs, activities, executive salaries and board members. The database contains significant free content. Access to some free content requires registration. Additional premium content is available at the ILR Library. Please ask for assistance at the ILR Reference Desk.
IRS Tax StatisticsHere you will find a wide range of tables, articles, and data that describe and measure elements of the U.S. tax system. This data is extremely useful for scholarly and policy research.
Associations UnlimitedContains information for approximately 460,000 international and U.S. national, regional, state, and local nonprofit membership organizations in all fields, including IRS data on U.S. 501(c) nonprofit organizations. For some 2,600 major U.S. national associations, provides full-text association materials such as brochures, pamphlets, and membership application forms.
HR and OB Associations
- Academy of ManagementChoose "Human Resource Management" from Divisions and Interest Groups. Membership information. Links to other Internet resources.
- American Psychological AssociationBased in Washington, DC, the American Psychological Association (APA) is a scientific and professional organization that represents psychology in the United States. With 150,000 members, APA is the largest association of psychologists worldwide.
- American Society for QualityASQ is a society of individual and organizational members "dedicated to the ongoing development, advancement, and promotion of quality concepts, principles, and techniques." Products and services address issues such as quality management, benchmarking, productivity, and more. This site includes information on the ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 standards, QS-9000 requirements, and ASQ certification programs. Also included are information on ASQ products, education courses and conferences.
- American Sociological AssociationThe American Sociological Association is a non-profit membership association that is dedicated to advancing sociology as a scientific discipline and profession serving the public good. Founded in 1905, it is an association of nearly 14,000 members and home to 44 special interest sections with more than 21,000 members. ASA hosts of an annual meeting with more than 6,000 participants and is a publisher of 10 professional journals and magazines.
- American Staffing AssociationMembers are active in all types of staffing services available today including: temporary help, professional employer services, managed services, payroll, placement services, temporary-to-full-time services, long-term staffing, and others. Non-members can access online directories, calendar of events, an idea exchange on current topics, industry news, information on publications, and membership information.
- Association for Talent DevelopmentThe Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD), is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals help others achieve their full potential by improving their knowledge, skills, and abilities. ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector. ATD supports the work of professionals locally in more than 125 chapters, international strategic partners, and global member networks. Additional electronic content is available at the ILR Library. Please ask for assistance at the ILR Reference Desk.
- BPM - Business Process ManagementFor over 9 years, BPM.com has been the Internet's leading destination for articles, news, research and white papers on Business Process Management, Process Modeling, Business Rules, and Case Management. Our registered user group of 40,000 practitioners and process professionals represents over $1 Billion of identified annual investment in BPM.
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)CIPD is the major UK association for HR practitioners and provides a wealth of information for its members and for the public.
- Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI)EBRI promotes the understanding and furtherance of employee benefits national policy. It is a neutral organization that does objective research on employee benefit programs and public policy with regard to employee benefits. Additional electronic content is available at the ILR Library. Please ask for assistance at the ILR Reference Desk.
- Employees Assistant Professionals AssociationAn association for persons in the employee assistance program field. The web site includes a resource center, information on conferences, chapter information, public policy information, and more.
- HR Policy AssociationThis organization's members include top HR executives. Read its Policy Briefs on HR topics.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics SocietyInformation about the Society including its history, member services, and activities. Information on meetings, publications and recent news.
- Innovation NetworkThe Innovation Network is a "...group of people dedicated to improving their organizations through the powerful use of innovation, creativity and collaboration skills." The site includes membership information, articles, discussion forums, best practices, and conference information. Some of this information is accessible to members only.
- International Association for Human Resource Information ManagementMembership information. Conference information. Management Resources Center with information on intranets, job descriptions, salaries. White papers. Buyer's Guide. Links to other Internet resources. Keyword searching ability is forthcoming. Not as extensive as the SHRM site, but it looks like they are working towards that with many areas "under construction."
- International Public Management AssociationIssues important to public sector managers and employees. Center for Personnel Research provides sample policies and other guidance to members, but non-members can view samples such as "NYS Internet Acceptable Use." Government Affairs, Training, and Global HR are among other topics. Benchmarking information for members.
- International Society for Performance ImprovementFounded in 1962, the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) is an international association dedicated to improving productivity and performance in the workplace. ISPI represents more than 10,000 international and chapter members throughout the United States, Canada, and 40 other countries and its mission is to improve the performance of individuals and organizations.
- IPACHome page of the International Personnel Assessment Council (formerly known as the International Personnel Management Association Assessment Council or IPMAAC). Site would be most valuable to members, but for those interested in personnel assessment there is a Library of Internet Resources.
- Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA)The Labor and Employment Relations Association, formerly the Industrial Relations Research Association, is an organization of professionals interested in industrial relations and human resources. Its 3,000 members include academics and practitioners. LERA publications, including its periodical, Perspectives on Work; its Annual Research Volume; and its Proceedings provide analysis of collective bargaining and industrial relations issues. View the index of post 1992 LERA and IRRA publications.
- National Academy of Public AdministrationProduced by the Center for Human Resource Management at the National Academy of Public Administration, this site provides "comprehensive and helpful services about Human Resources Management including the best practices and most current issues." The site provides information on the organization and its publications, as well as abstracts from the journal The Public Manager. Members have access to a workforce planning network online discussion group.
- National Center for Employee OwnershipProvides information on employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), employee stock options, and other forms of employee ownership. Online library of articles. Excerpts from publications and ordering information. Membership information. Events. Links to other Internet resources. Bulletin Board online forum for discussion.
- National Management AssociationThe National Management Association (NMA) is a national, not-for-profit professional leadership development association. This web site includes the mission statement, meeting dates, publications, and Association contacts.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)The website of this major U.S. association for HR practitioners provides a wealth of information for its members and for the public. Additional electronic content is available at the ILR Library. Please ask for assistance at the ILR Reference Desk.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)SIOP is the premier membership organization for those practicing and teaching industrial and organizational (I-O) psychology. I-O psychology is a dynamic and growing field that encompasses workplace issues at the individual and organizational level. I-O psychologists apply research that improves the well-being and performance of people and the organizations that employ them.
- Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP)SCIP is a global nonprofit membership organization for professionals that create and manage business knowledge - specifically, the rapidly growing field of competitive intelligence (the legal and ethical collection and analysis of information regarding the capabilities, vulnerabilities, and intentions of business competitors). Many SCIP members have backgrounds in market research, strategic analysis, or science and technology.
- U.S. Chamber of CommerceThis is the web site for a major business organization with chapters in most municipalities.
- World at Work (formerly American Compensation Association)WorldatWork is a professional association for compensation professionals.
- World Federation of People Management Associations (WFPMA)The WFPMA is a global network of professionals in people management. It was founded in 1976 to aid the development and improve the effectiveness of professional people management all over the world. Its members are predominantly the continental federations which are made up of more than 70 national personnel associations representing over 400,000 people management professionals.