Staying Currrent with Tables of Contents
- JournalTOCsKeep up-to-date with newly published scholarly journal tables of contents from multiple publishers. ticTOCS has from over 14,000 titles to choose. Selections can be exported to an RSS reader or create regular email messages when a new issue is published.
Journal publishers allow you to set up alerts in order to get ongoing emails about new published articles. Some may require free registration.
- ElsevierLook for Manage Alerts at top of page under your name (after logging in).
- Web of ScienceChoosing "All Databases" allows you to search an index of journal articles, conference proceedings, data sets, and other resources in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- Wiley InterscienceClick on register to set up an alert.
A Word About RSS...
Feeds bring content from the Web to you. Instead of going to your 10 favorite web sites to see what's new, you can bring the latest from those 10 sites to one place, namely your RSS reader. When you're viewing a page you like with this icon, copy the icon to your feed reader.
For more information about how to set up a RSS reader, see The Old Reader.
Stay Current With New Books
- New BooksStay current by seeing the titles of new books as they come in - select subjects/call numbers.